Select to view content in your preferred language

Standard Search Widget and ArcGIS 10.22

Jump to solution
09-17-2014 12:44 PM
RayCrew
Frequent Contributor

I have been using the standard Search Widget with version 3.6.5 of the Flexviewer with a server offering REST services from 10.11. I am testing a new server with 10.22. Everything else remains the same. Everything in my viewer works, except the Search Widget. Gives an error about failing to execute the query.

failure.JPG

The query is the same. I have tried it with and without standardized query enforced.  

My query was:
     <expression>UPPER(Combined_Admin_Names_135) LIKE UPPER('%[value]%')</expression>

I tried a simpler one that still failed:

<expression>Combined_Admin_Names_135 LIKE '[value]'</expression>

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Raymond,

There are many instances where you did not change anything but when publishing your service to a new version of ArcGIS Server a field name will get changed fro some reason... So I would check your queries field names.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Raymond,

There are many instances where you did not change anything but when publishing your service to a new version of ArcGIS Server a field name will get changed fro some reason... So I would check your queries field names.

RayCrew
Frequent Contributor

Just double checked that. It has the name and the data type is consistent.

10.22:

Combined_Admin_Names_135  ( type: esriFieldTypeString , alias: Combined_Admin_Names_135 , length: 135 )

Combined_Admin_Names_135  ( type: esriFieldTypeString , alias: Combined_Admin_Names_135 , length: 135 )

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Honored Contributor

Have you checked the names of any other fields that are being returned, as if any of these are different you will still get a 400 query error

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Not just that one field check all the field names and make sure that you still have the ObjectID and Shape fields visible.

RayCrew
Frequent Contributor

Ah ha, Robert you gave me the clue. I had changed the search field but one of the others. Updating the rest of the fields in the widget xml has fixed it. 

0 Kudos