Selection Widget Updated Version

05-12-2011 05:24 AM
MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II
The Selection widget has a "Select by Attributes" and "Select by Location" option similar to ArcGIS.
Widget link: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=20ed6af9ab204548bbf092d51b51fef8

Version 1.5 of the widget replaces version 1.0

Enhancements and fixes include:
*Each time a query layer was added it was also being added to the TOC. This has been fixed.

*When resizing the widget, the datgrid would not resize properly. This has been fixed.

*Uses paging for selection of unique value list. This means that ALL values will be parsed regardless of the ArcGISServer setting to limit responses. There is an option to ESC out of a large query. (This is only for the Unique list, not getting features).
I have included an ESRI TaxParcel Layer that has 18,000+ records. Get Unique Values on the PSTLSTATE field to see this in action.
Available on my example site. The URL is on the Widget download page.

*Aliases can now be used. It will now use the Alias as set in the Featureclass. You can also override the Alias in the SelectionWidget.xml config file.

*ArcGis layers that have joined tables will now work with fully qualified field names. (thanks Dasa for the idea)

*Styling for selection colours has been documented in the SelectionWidget.xml config file (example provided).

*Styling for datagrid has been changed. It can now also be styled in SelectionWidget.xml config file (example provided). (thanks Mehul for the idea)

*Changed initial uniquevalue query to use "text='%'" instead of "where '1=1'" for Mike.:)

*You can now override scale range for layers.

*Link field now has a prefix/suffix option in the SelectionWidget.xml config file (naming convention the same as Robert SCheitlin's esearch widget)

*Shape_area and Shape_length can be used in the fields.

Link to previous thread :http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/24151-Selection-Widget-for-SFV2.2-(with-a-query-builder)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
146 Replies
KummerLaszlo
New Contributor II
Here You are:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27926[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27927[/ATTACH]

Hi,

Where can I find the compiled 3.5 version of this widget?
Or could someone compile them for me.

Thank You
0 Kudos
BrianKratcha
New Contributor III
Does anyone have this working for 3.6?

Will this widget be added to the core group of widgets in the future?

Thanks,

Brian
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Brian,

The original developer is no longer updating this widget. I don't use the widget. I doubt that the Flex team is considering this as an addition to the core widgets.
0 Kudos
PiotrSkworzec
New Contributor III
So, what is an alternative for selection widget? I just want to have similar utility as select (location, attributes) in arcgis desktop.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Piotr,

There really isn't one that is like ArcMap besides this one, that is no longer maintained. The closest is the eSearch widget that I have been maintaining for years now. http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have explanations of the SelectionWidget.xml options available?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
KummerLaszlo
New Contributor II

Does anyone have a compiled version that works with 3.6 or 3.7?

Thanks

0 Kudos
francescodi_vito
New Contributor

Spero but i don't have

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 05/mar/2015, alle ore 15:16, Kummer Laszlo <geonet@esri.com> ha scritto:

reply from Kummer Laszlo in ArcGIS Viewer for Flex - View the full discussion

Does anyone have a compiled version that works with 3.6 or 3.7?

Thanks

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Start a new discussion in ArcGIS Viewer for Flex by email or at GeoNet

Following Selection Widget Updated Version in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

>

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

Hi. Are you referring to this widget?

0 Kudos
francescodi_vito
New Contributor

Yes.

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 05/mar/2015, alle ore 16:41, Lefteris Koumis <geonet@esri.com> ha scritto:

reply from Lefteris Koumis in ArcGIS Viewer for Flex - View the full discussion

Hi. Are you referring to this widget?

https://community.esri.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-463158-68645/pastedImage_0.png

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Start a new discussion in ArcGIS Viewer for Flex by email or at GeoNet

Following Selection Widget Updated Version in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

>

0 Kudos