Select to view content in your preferred language

Query Widget - Filter Results

Jump to solution
07-02-2013 02:33 PM
GavinMayeda
Deactivated User
Ok, I have become completely lost trying to configure the Query widget.  The basic set-up I grasp, but in the help section it shows the Louisville Police Query widget with a 'Filter results' and 'Show all' feature.

Bluntly, how do I do this????  I have tried the sample code, and that does not give me the results that I am looking for.

I would like to query the data that I have already assembled, and the output is very straightforward.  I would like to query by an existing field, have it return all results for that field, and then have the user be able to narrow the results to a single specific value.

As always, any and all help is sincerely appreciated!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
GavinMayeda
Deactivated User
Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions.

I was able to adjust the max return settings to 50,000 and while it does slow the app down a bit, it is not intolerable.  I did figure out that above 90,000 results the app returns a stack error.

I did speak with an ESRI Programmer at the UC recently, and I have supplied him with the query and my data.  He will be looking in to the filter results returning data from fields other than what the query is based on.

I will post results as they come in!!
0 Kudos
GavinMayeda
Deactivated User
The filter results seems to have been a bug in version 3.0.  After upgrading to version 3.4 the problem with returning results from all fields instead of the original query field no longer happens.

I hope that this helps anyone that was having the same problem!
0 Kudos