Select to view content in your preferred language

Published maps are is not showing updated changes

04-09-2014 03:41 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Cassielueck2

As of recently, changes I make to my published maps on Viewer for Flex and not showing up on my published product.  I have attached an example of this, the first images is with in the application where I changed the background to a sandy color, the second is the published map showing the original color.  I have refreshed the page and also saved the project and closed out of it, still no changes reflect on the published map.  I have also waited over night to see if maybe there was a delay of sorts, this was not the case.  Any ideas on why my published maps are not being updated?

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III
did you try clearing your browser cache?   in IE, tools/Delete browsing history.    also, are you sure the application your are editing in app builder is the right one for your viewer?  I noticed your app is called WellsandPumps, but the viewer url is WellsandPumpsMapping.   just some ideas.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Cassielueck2

Thanks ninabean for responding.  Sorry about the image confusion, I was testing out if I made an application from scratch if it would do the same thing, and it did, and I posted the separate screen shots.  But essentially it looks the same, where I am not getting any updates to come across on my computer, unless I shut my machine down and restart it.  This seems to force the refresh?

I did clear my history, and it didn't fix the problem - any other suggestions?

Thanks
Cassie
0 Kudos
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III
the next thing I would test is to see if it works right in Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer to eliminate the possibility that IE is the problem.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Some IE box's seem to refresh properly and completely if you hold the Ctrl button down while refresh (<Ctrl><F5>).

Others, If I make the change below it will work (most of the time):

Press the Browsing history settings button to get the second window.

R_

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

If you are at 10.1 or later you have to overwrite your map service to see changes to layers, such as a color change, label change, or visibility or scale changes

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Regular Contributor II

I sometimes have to refresh the application in IIS Manager.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos