Print Widget Needed! ArcGIS Viewer for Flex Server 10

01-03-2013 01:42 AM
HarrietMcQuade
New Contributor
Hello All,

I am in need of a better print widget then the out of the box one. I am using flexviewer 2.4 and ArcGIS Server 10. Does anyone have anything useful?

Thanks
Harriet
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
If your mapservices that you want to print are public facing, you could try hooking into ESRI's v10.1 server to create your print.  You would be limited to the templates that are available on their server.
0 Kudos
HarrietMcQuade
New Contributor
hi thanks. It is an internal organisation website not public facing.
I need at least to be able to add a legend and copyright note on the print out. I have tried to use the create PDF widget that could be a work around, but at the moment im not too clever with python so its proviong difficult!
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
I would recommend that it is time to upgrade to ArcGIS For Server 10.1 and Flex V3.1.
0 Kudos
WallaceBezerra
New Contributor II
We have implemented a solution that involves a python gp task. We created a map document with the same layers of our application and with a custom layout. Then a widget call this gp, passing the layers that must be displayed and some fields that we want to display on the generated PDF (like title, author, etc). Our python gp just export the map as pdf.

Maybe this can be a solution to your problem with ArcGIS 10.0.
0 Kudos
ChrisNorth
Esri Contributor
hi thanks. It is an internal organisation website not public facing.
I need at least to be able to add a legend and copyright note on the print out. I have tried to use the create PDF widget that could be a work around, but at the moment im not too clever with python so its proviong difficult!

Hi,  I have a free widget on my website you're welcome to try out.  If you want to use it, drop me a line (e-mail on the website) and I can send you either flex viewer v2.5 or v3.x version (I've not tried it with 2.4 but it works).

Legends on a map are an issue - there is no way to predict the size of a legend.  I have modified the sample to also produce a legent, but it's a custom ju=ob for a client.

Anyway, have a look at www.43northgis.com/gallery

Chris
0 Kudos