Pagination in AttributeTableWidget

09-02-2013 01:19 AM
MarcoFago
New Contributor
Hi All,

Recently my customer asked to introduce some big layers which produce some big tables in AttributeTableWidget. Since it is very difficult to manage all the data in a flex viewer (very long queries) I'd like to add pagination. But I have not found any out-of-the-box feature for that. Can anyone point me to a possible solution?

Thanks in advance.
M@rco
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Correct - there is no out-of-the-box feature for that.

If there are fewer features on the map, the attribute table will show fewer features, since it only shows the features that visible on the map.  You can achieve this by for example:

• Have users zoom in.

• Have users use the search or query widget to filter the visible features.

• Use scale dependency on the layer.

• Split the layer into multiple layers based on categories etc.

If you are using the attribute table to export data (and thus don't want to have fewer features), then you probably should look at using the Data Export widget instead.

If you really want pagination, there is an API sample at https://developers.arcgis.com/en/flex/sample-code/paging-through-results.htm but it is not using the AttributeTable component, so I think it would be difficult to combine that sample and that widget.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Is this something that ESRI might consider adding as out-of-the-box functionality in a future release?