Select to view content in your preferred language

New User / Old Environment

Jump to solution
01-13-2014 12:00 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: bokeefe

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30476[/ATTACH]

I came into a new position and inherited a previously setup ArcGIS / Flex environment. I'm trying to get up to speed on Flex with ArcGIS and I wanted to generate a new environment. I walked through the ArcGIS API for Flex steps and create GISDev. TulsaDefaultMap was previously installed and setup.

As you can see... TulsaDefaultMap "HAS" the correct folders (widgets, popups, etc) but my new one doesn't.

What (am I doing/have I done) wrong here?
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ad_giles@hotmail.com

Brian,

That looks like the api you are trying to add as a project, not the flex viewer source code, download the following and try again:

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-viewer-flex/archive/master.zip

Regards

Anthony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brian,

Have you downloaded the relevant API .swf and placed it in your libs folder

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What are the error messages you are getting?
0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II
No error messages, just no folders called popups, widgets, etc.

What I want is what is boxed in green...
What I have is boxed in red...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30481[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brian,

I am not quite sure what you have done, have you created a new project in flex builder or did you import a project using the following steps:

1.In Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 or 4.7, go to "File" -> "Import Flash Builder project...", then depending on whether you have a zip file or not, follow step 2 or 3.

2.If you downloaded the zip file: i.Keep "File" option selected, click "Browse..." button. Select the downloaded flexviewer-3.[]-src.zip file, for example "C:\Documents and Settings\jack\My Documents\flexviewer-3.[]-src.zip".
ii."Extract new project to:" textbox will be automatically set to location where the project source will reside, e.g. "C:\Documents and Settings\jack\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\FlexViewer.

3.If you cloned and/or forked the repo: i.Select "Project folder", click "Browse..." button and navigate to your local repo, for example C:\Users\jack\Documents\GitHub\arcgis-viewer-flex.

4.Click "Finish" button. Project will be created and displayed in the Package Explorer window of Adobe Flash Builder, e.g. in this case FlexViewer.

5.If prompted to upgrade the project (because it was created with a previous version of Flash Builder), click "OK"

6.If prompted to choose Flex SDK version, select "Flex 4.6.0" or higher.

7.Download API Library from http://links.esri.com/flex-api/latest-download. Unzip it.

8.Go to "Project" -> "Properties" -> "Flex Build Path".

9.Click "Add SWC" and navigate to the agslib-3.
  • -[YYYY-MM-DD].swc API library file.

• Regards

Anthony
    0 Kudos
    BrianO_keefe
    Regular Contributor II
    Ok... I 'tried' to import into Flash Builder and this is what I see...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30483[/ATTACH]

It won't let me.
    0 Kudos
    by Anonymous User
    Not applicable

Brian,

That looks like the api you are trying to add as a project, not the flex viewer source code, download the following and try again:

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-viewer-flex/archive/master.zip

Regards

Anthony
    0 Kudos
    BrianO_keefe
    Regular Contributor II
    FIXED!

Ok... It's been a good 6 years since I last touched Flex and then I was in a mix of command line compiling and Eclipse hack-thrus but it's starting to come back, just a little tho... MXML's are still causing me headaches...

BUT... the initial problem HAS BEEN SOLVED!
    Thank you kindly!
    0 Kudos