Login with flexviewer

03-26-2014 05:07 AM
roialgavish
New Contributor III
Hello all,

My flex viewer and application is running on a local server and a number of 20 computers is using the application simultaneously.
My content is on an ArcGIS server and he is secured.
Every tint I am opening the application I need to enter user name and password.

I am wondering, is there a way to avoid the need to enter the username and password every time?

Thank you all,
Roi algavish.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BarnabyRockwell
Occasional Contributor III
If you're on a Windows server, the logins may have something to IIS security settings.

See this recent thread.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/105558-Request-for-enhancement-of-TOC-widget-3.0i
0 Kudos
NicholasMcNamara
Occasional Contributor II
Yes there is - we are using it. It detects your Windows user name and passes those credentials through to give permission to the app automatically, so people never have to log in. It's called "pass-through authentication". The person logged into the computer logs into the app, so you cannot log in as someone else into the app with a different person logged into the computer which could be a problem if you have people sharing computers.

I'm assuming you have a Windows server. You have to set Windows Domain in the ArcGIS Server security settings, as you cannot use pass-through authentication with GIS tier security. Select Users and roles from an existing enterprise system (LDAP or Windows Domain) and web tier authentication. We have groups set up to control access to different viewers, and the Windows user accounts are added to those groups. You have to be using the Web Adapter as well. In the IIS administrator, we disabled anonymous access and enabled Windows Authentication. Because anonymous access is disabled, all services require permissions, but services that you don't require permissions for could be assigned to a group like "domain users" / (everyone).

My IT guy did the Windows side of this stuff, but that's the basic idea. Note that if you are using a print service, it can cause problems and there is a wonky work around for a bug that you'll probably have to call Esri for which involves creating a new print service toolbox tool. We had an issue with computers not detecting the site as being a local intranet site so we had to add the app site to our home domain in everyone's browser settings (later done by group policy), even though it was already on the home domain and we had to have people change their bookmarks to remove the :6080 setting since the Web Adaptor took care of that portion. You may or may not have any of these issues.
0 Kudos
SuzanneKelly
New Contributor
Without warning most of my users are unable to login to the Flex Viewer application on our intranet.

We are running ArcGIS Server 10.1 and we restarted our web gateway server several times.

Our windows credentials are used to login to the website in house. Only a handful of our users are able to login and view the map layers.

Most of us pull up the viewer and type in our credentials and the login screen just keeps reappearing.

Any thoughts? Ideas?
0 Kudos
SladeBridges
New Contributor II
Without warning most of my users are unable to login to the Flex Viewer application on our intranet.

We are running ArcGIS Server 10.1 and we restarted our web gateway server several times.

Our windows credentials are used to login to the website in house. Only a handful of our users are able to login and view the map layers.

Most of us pull up the viewer and type in our credentials and the login screen just keeps reappearing.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

is your service locked? i had that happen to me and the ArcServer service was locked even though it looked unlocked. simply go to the service and lock it let it save and restart the service and then unlock it and let it save and restart again
0 Kudos