Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to click on a row in the attribute table widget and zoom to selected instead of going through the table options

10-24-2014 08:12 AM
AnnieMayfield
New Contributor

Zoom to selected feature directly from the attribute table by clicking on a row. I do not want to go through the enhanced search widget.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

On the far left of each row there is a gray box in front of the first field (the gray row box always remains visible, even if the fields scroll when you go to the right end of the row). If you double click one of those boxes you will be zoomed to the feature matching the row you double clicked on if the table view is for a Feature Class or a Shapefile.

If you right click inside that box a context menu will appear.  If the Table View is for a Feature Class or Shapefile, at the top of the Context Menu list is Zoom To, which will zoom you to the row you right clicked on when you left click that option.

If there are selected rows, in the center of the Context Menu there will be an option to Zoom To Selected Features (or something to that effect).  If you click on that option you will be zoomed to the records you have selected.

If you are in Show Selected Rows Only mode in the table and have highlighted some of your selected rows, toward the bottom you will have the option to Zoom to Highlighted Features.  When you left click that option you will be zoomed to the highlighted features.

There are also several keyboard shortcuts for interacting with the map from the table, like Ctrl+Shift+= to zoom to selected features.

0 Kudos
AnnieMayfield
New Contributor

Thank you Richard, but I was looking for an answer for the 'attribute table widget' which is a part of the Flex Viewer.

0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

Sorry.  I keep forgetting that this is not the old forums and that in my activity view I am seeing every Place in GeoNet.  The Place of these posts should be much more prominently displayed in that list so that I won't give Desktop answers to Flex users.  Not being a Flex user I will leave your question for others to answer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Annie,

No there is not without extending the AttributeTable component and without having access to the AttributeTable source code this will prove to be VERY difficult. It is possible you could attach a grid click event in the AttributeTableSkin.mxml to the dataGrid but it could override something in the AttributeTable component of the Flex API.

0 Kudos
AnnieMayfield
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply Robert,

at this point I do not

want to dive into the Attribute Table Skin .mxml, but in order to make a

feature look a little more prominent/conspicuous on the map is there a way

to change the color of the selected feature on the map from a dull yellow

to a bright blue or something?

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Robert Scheitlin, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Annie,

There is nothing configurable for changing the selection color (meaning no XML tag you can change or add for this). But if you are working with the viewers source code then I can point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
AnnieMayfield
New Contributor

Yes, I am familiar with the viewer's source code and if you could guide me

in that direction I sure would appreciate.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Robert Scheitlin, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Annie,

In the /FlexViewer3.6/src/com/esri/viewer/managers/LayerCreator.as find the createFeatureLayer function and add this line after the featureLayer has been var'd

featureLayer.selectionColor = 0x00bff3;

0 Kudos