IdentifyWidget 3.0.1 - can you help to config one layer?

Jump to solution
10-24-2012 06:51 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: sgalloway

I'd like to config the IdentifyWidget 3.0.1 and could use some help.  I am running AGS 10.0.  Previously I added some layers and widgets that work but I am not sure how to config this IdentifyWidget.  I tried to comment out all but the essential code to make just one layer work.  Can you look at the attached files?  Thanks.
Stew
0 Kudos
26 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

Stew,

I am still not sure by what you are telling me; Is the Identify widget the actual widget GUI showing when you click the blue i button?

Commenting in XML is done through the use of <!-- --> so if I want to comment out this line <layer> then I would have this:
<!-- <layer> --> If I wanted to comment out more line than one than I start with a <!-- and after I have gotten to the end of what I want commented out I add -->
0 Kudos
StewartGalloway
New Contributor III
"GUI showing when you click the blue i button?"

Nothing happens.  The feature that I click does not flash.  The Identify popup does not display.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stew,

Let me ask you to go to my live site (just to be sure we are one the same page here)

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer3.0/index.html?config=config-identify.xml

When you go to this site the Identify Widget is already visible (the same same that should happen you you click the blue "i" button). Are you saying that you do not evene get the widget to appear?
0 Kudos
StewartGalloway
New Contributor III
Correct, the widget does not appear, only the icon.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stew,

Are you using App Builder or did you download the compiled Flex Viewer app and deploy it to your web server?

What web server are you using, IIS?
0 Kudos
StewartGalloway
New Contributor III
I downloaded the compiled Flex Viewer app and deploy it to your web server.
Yes, IIS.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rzufelt

Robert,
I am using the compiled version. 
Today I started from scratch, deleting all identify widget files and then adding the contents of your identify folder to the Flex Viewer folder; IdentifyWidget.xml, IdentifyWidget.swf, meta.xml.

Stew,

Not sure the order of things you did, but today I decided to try the compiled version "from scratch".  here is what I did.

Downloaded the compiled Flexviewer3.0 and unzipped the "Flexviewer" folder to my C:\inetpub\wwwroot.  so now I have a C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Flexviewer.  then I downloaded the Identify widget version 3.0.1 and unzipped the "Identify" folder that is in the compiled_FV3.0 from the download and copied it to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Flexviewer\widgets folder so now I have C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Flexviewer\widgets\Identify in which the swf and xml files lie.

Then I added this line that I copy/pasted from the Identify readme file into the widgetcontainer section of C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Flexviewer\config.xml file.

<widget label="Identify" left="330" top="80" preload="open"
                icon="assets/images/i_info.png"
                config="widgets/Identify/IdentifyWidget.xml"
                url="widgets/Identify/IdentifyWidget.swf"/>

Then in the browser http://hostname/Flexviewer opens the map and the identify GUI opens with it.  I have to go to the "More" button and turn on some layers, but then the identify button seems to work as expected using the default layers.

R_

Robert,

Since I have the debugger version of player installed, I noticed that the compiled version of Identify has the little "Error: Could not find compiled resource bundle 'ESRIMessages' for locale 'en_US'." message poping up.
Doesn't affect it's perfomance though.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rhett,

And you are saying that you downloaded the identify Widget 3.0.1 and the compiled version is showing this error? I am very surprised if that is the case as I always build the compiled widgets with no locale specified (after version 3.0i).
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rzufelt

That is correct.  in fact, I just re-downloaded it and am seeing the same thing.

However, if I use 3.0i, the error is NOT there.

R_
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rhett,

Thanks I will look into it.
0 Kudos