Identify Widget 3.7 Configuration

12-18-2014 06:29 PM
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert, I'm configuring a very simple service displaying the information using the Flex Viewer 3.7 and the identify widget created by you for 3.7 version. I've set up the Identify widget but when I'm trying to access its results and select some features it is not returning anything. I think I'm missing something while configuration. Can you please help me get this resolved. Thanks a lot in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramakrishna,

My best advice is for you to use App Builder as the widget has a Graphical User Interface for configuring the widget. This will remove the main possibilities for user error.  Get the App Builder from here http://links.esri.com/flex-viewer/latest-download

RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I did configured the same way as you mentioned. But when I added the Identify widget and set the parameters, this is not responding. Do I need to tweak the config file? Please find the pictures showing the configuration settings I'm using. Let me know if I need to fix anything from the screenshots. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramakrishna,

The one question I have is, you have the "use proxy" checked for that layer do you actually need this? Are you using secure layers and do you have a proxy setup?

0 Kudos
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

I tried either way but it was not responding. For sure our services are secured and within the firewall.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramakrishna,

So the second part of the question applies then. Do you have a proxy installed and configured?

RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Not really, What should I do for this.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramakrishna,

Actually if you don't mind the Identify manager popup asking for username and password then you do not have to have a proxy setup. The proxy would eliminate the need for the user to login to use the secure services.

I just tested a secure service on my development machine using the 3.7 version of the viewer and my identify widget and I did not have any issue? So I am struggling to figure out how to help you further. It appears that the map service is local to your network and not public so I can not test your service.

Do you have any other map service layers that you have tried? Did they work?

0 Kudos
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Neither It asks for that information Robert. If you want I can open up a webex session to share my content if you'd like to see the map service and other configuration settings. Thanks for taking your time and answering my queries.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Do you have any other map service layers that you have tried? Did they work?

0 Kudos