Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify Widget 3.0.1f - results & white exclamation problem

Jump to solution
11-19-2012 11:45 AM
MayJeff
Deactivated User
I have some problems using the identify widget.  1) Everytime I try to identify a feature, I will get this message "No Results Found" before the results show up.  I try to modify the code on ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer but still get the same message.
2) Somestimes I will get a White screen with exclamation mark after the identify results show up.
Have any ideas how to solve this problems?  Thanks for the time to look into it.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Now you really got me curious.

How did you manage to figure out that it was because the glowfilter on out of extent feature?

was there some trace error or something that pointed you in that direction, or just trial/error?

R_
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rhett,

Just good old practical observation. I noticed that when you were zoomed out where all the graphics where contained in the map extent, there was no issue. Then if you clicked one of the small graphics result (with zoomed the map extent in) and hovered over a graphic that was not completely contained in the map extent, you got an instant GCOD. But you did not get it when you hovered over a graphic that was completely contained.
0 Kudos
Shingo-Ikeda
Regular Contributor
Hi Robert,

Thanks for great widget as always. It seems that GCOD is happening to my app as well. ESRI has resolved the issue in NIM084978 for the next release of API. When I used your latest identify widget, I noticed that the default identify is still active. Do you know the way to disable the default identify from the index.mxml until the bug fix is released?

Thanks,
Shingo
Shingo Ikeda
Geospatial Data Scientist/Developer - Geographical Information Platform
Global Power Generation - Digital Satellite USA and Canada
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shingo,

I have no idea what you are referencing here:
When I used your latest identify widget, I noticed that the default  identify is still active. Do you know the way to disable the default  identify from the index.mxml until the bug fix is released?
What are you calling "default identify"?
0 Kudos
Shingo-Ikeda
Regular Contributor
Without using identity widget, Fiber viewer uses popupconfig to perform query and display REST result using Identify Task. When popupconfig is set on my dynamic sub layers, the application opens the attribute info using the grow filter to highlight the feature. I am experiencing the GCOD when we identify for a multi-part feature that goes out of map extent, as you mentioned.

I was able to turn off the default identify by removing popupconfig from the config.xml.
Shingo Ikeda
0 Kudos
Shingo-Ikeda
Regular Contributor
Also, FYI. If you are using alias in config as:
<field name="APP_STATUS" alias="Application Status"/>

line 989 of IdentifyWidget.mxml needs to be:
value = obj[cArr[1]] ? String(obj[cArr[1]]) : "";

in stead of:
value = obj[cArr[0]] ? String(obj[cArr[0]]) : "";

This fixed all my value = "" issue. 🙂
Shingo Ikeda
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shingo,

That change is not appropriate if you follow all the instructions in the PDF that come with the widget. You have to use the field alias names (FROM THE REST SERVICE DIRECTORY) in the IdentifyWidget.xml field name attribute.

The name attribute is the EXACT ALIAS (as it is displayed in the REST services directory) of the field and is a
REQUIRED attribute. The alias attribute is optional as this information can automatically be retrieved
from the map service. If you want to specify an alias that is different than the alias specified in ArcMap
than you can set this value.
0 Kudos
Shingo-Ikeda
Regular Contributor
I see. The alias need to be set to name parameter and it is taking from the initial index [0] in xml. I was using the field name to name param and alias to the alias param... Thanks!
Shingo Ikeda
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shingo,

Though the code change you made does work... It would break if you wanted to use an alias name other than the one provided by the REST Service.
0 Kudos
Shingo-Ikeda
Regular Contributor
Makes sense. As for the GCOD error, do you know if there is workaround for non-identify widget users? It seems identifying and zooming to any dissolved segment can be at risk of crashing flex application.
Shingo Ikeda
0 Kudos