Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify Widget 2.3.2.1

06-02-2011 07:31 AM
MikeGarza
New Contributor III
This widget is working great! The only problem I am having is when I first click on the widget I am getting an error #2036. I can hit the OK button and it works fine after that but the error keeps popping up when I start the widget. I have researced the error on this forum and they say it means "the load never completed". 

I used fiddler to trouble shoot and it is telling me that the widget is trying to access the InfoPopup Template.swf. (/SAPWProjectDashboard/widgets/InfoTemplates/InfoPopupTemplate.swf). I checked this folder and the file is there. I am just not sure why this error would be popping up. It never had when I used the identify widget with earlier versions.

As an FYI, I took the uncompiled identifywidget.xml reconfigured it with my layers and placed it under my widget folder. The weird part is that it works just fine after I hit the OK button. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mike G.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mike,

Are you using Flex Viewer 2.3.1?
0 Kudos
MikeGarza
New Contributor III
Yes, I am using Flex Viewer-2.3.1.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mike,

Strange I can not duplicate this error on my development machine or the live preview site I have for this widget.
0 Kudos
MikeGarza
New Contributor III
So it is supposed to be accesssing the InfoPopupWidget.swf file, which resides in a seperate folder, under the widget folder?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mike,

No it is not. That is the old way of showing info popups. This new version is using PopUpInfo windows that are native to the API and do not require a seperate swf. I would download again and delete the whole indentify folder you have currently. Also the new IdentifyWidget.xml file does not contain any reference to the InfoPopupWidget.swf anymore.
0 Kudos
MikeGarza
New Contributor III
Thanks Robert. I will definately try that today. I was just being stubborn because I invested several hours on this and I convinced myself that it was just a simple line of syntax that was messed up. I was fixated on solving this when sometimes it is just easier to do it all over again.

I appreciate your help.

Mike
0 Kudos
MikeGarza
New Contributor III
That was it. When all else fails, do it again. Thanks for your help, Robert.

Mike
0 Kudos
SethMcCoy
New Contributor II
Is there a way to have multiple link fields?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Seth,

Nope... Not out of the box.
0 Kudos