ICONFLD-Revisted

Jump to solution
06-26-2014 08:32 AM
EricVenden
Occasional Contributor II
Good monring all (specifically Robert :),

Several years ago, ran into a limitation of the eSearch and Identify widgets where the link icon could not be changed based on the type of document being linked to.  At the time I had to add a text field (ICONFLD) that could not be null, but need not contain values.

Has this been fixed?  I may have missed a post along the way or failed to thouroughly read the readme file with the widgets.

Here's a link to original thread:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/21377-Change-link-icon-in-Identify-widget-in-flexviewer-2.2

Thanks for your time
Eric V
Gurnee, IL
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Eric,

Help me remember your use case. Currently for each layer you configure in the Identify widget you can specify a icon to be used for the link by either using the iconfield and/or the iconprefix and/or iconsuffix. Specifying one or more or all of those allows you to set the icon image to be used for all links on that layer. If you want a different icon based on the specific feature of that layer then you have to use the iconfield to do that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Eric,

Help me remember your use case. Currently for each layer you configure in the Identify widget you can specify a icon to be used for the link by either using the iconfield and/or the iconprefix and/or iconsuffix. Specifying one or more or all of those allows you to set the icon image to be used for all links on that layer. If you want a different icon based on the specific feature of that layer then you have to use the iconfield to do that.
0 Kudos
EricVenden
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks Robert,

I believe my issue from 2011 (FV 2.2) have been fixed (or I am doing it properly now).  I am ONLY using the <iconsuffix> tag now - I do not configure the <iconfield> tag.

Eric V
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Eric,

OK glad it is working for you.
0 Kudos