I'm having issues with some users' widgets not working

Jump to solution
06-05-2015 08:15 AM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I recently updated to 3.7 and updated the appropriate widgets including the Robert's Identify widget.  Everything is working fine on my machine but many other users of the viewer are unable to use the widget and upon activation other widgets perform poorly as well.  Clearing the cache and rebooting the computers doesn't appear to help.  I can't speak for the different browsers that are being used, but the most recent one I saw was Chrome, on my computer I am using Internet Explorer.  This is incredibly hard to diagnose, I do see a number of entries in the log file that seems to point to the OOTB print widget being the issue though.  I don't know a good way to post my log file but I will post what is available in the text document.  It is set at 90 days so there is a lot of entries in it.  Do I need to reboot the server perhaps?

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Josh,

Have you tried just restarting the print service first?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

It is starting to look like the print widget or rather the print service is the issue, I am planning to restart the server over the lunch hour and we'll see if this helps.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Josh,

Have you tried just restarting the print service first?

JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Robert,

I tried that but the server was lagging badly.  I went ahead and shut the server down completely and brought it back up.  My IT Manager pointed out that the backup tape was taking an unusual amount of time to complete lately so I'm guessing I had some sort of process stuck in memory that was causing the services to hang or lag.  It is apparent it had nothing to do with your Identify widget, that is just what my users noticed not working first.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City