Select to view content in your preferred language

Have graphical tool from search widget preselected when map opens

06-23-2011 11:33 AM
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Hi, I am simply trying to get one of the graphical tools in the search widget to be the selected tool when the application starts.  This way the user can begin clicking away rather than having to click the select tool first.  I have the search widget preloaded when the app starts.  Believe me when I say that many people just give up when more than one step is required to view the data.  I'm using the Flexviewer 2.3.1 and server 10 and Robert's Enhanced Search Widget.  If you could just point me in the right direction I can probably work it out from there.  Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Stuart,

The new version 2.3.2.1 has that ability. It was easier to just add it than explain how you could do it.
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Robert,

I couldn't find any of the changed code in the configuration file or the mxml.  I did see where you added it to the Help PDF you included with the widget.

Stuart
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Stuart,

Hmmm... Try again.
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Robert,

I tried using the new code however it doesn't have the mappoint preselected when the app starts.  Then, if I click the mappoint tool and try to select a feature on the map it draws a blue point, as in the edraw widget.  It draws as many points as you click and it won't select any of the features.  Thanks.

Stuart
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Stuart,

Yep, I just noticed an the issue with the selectedgraphicaltool not working in the 2.3.2.2 version... As far as the graphical selection, as the documentation states you NOW draw as many graphics on the map as you desire and then click the search button under the draw buttons. Version 2.3.2.3 coming out in a minute to fix the selectedgraphicaltool issue and the inability to deactivate the graphical selection tool.
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Is this optional or is this a permanent change?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Stuart,

Fixed in the now released Version 2.3.2.3
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Is there a way to turn off the mulipart geometry feature?  I was trying to eliminate as many steps as possible to make it as easy as possible for the officers to select incidents.  I would like them to be able to select a single feature and get results right off the bat.  This way they will see that all it takes to get results once the map opens is a single click on a feature.  This makes or breaks this application with certain people.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Stuart,

The latest Version 2.3.2.4 now has that ability.
0 Kudos