Select to view content in your preferred language

Google® Street View Widget

06-12-2013 08:02 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All,

Here is the next installment to my long list of widgets. I never really wanted to add to the list of several Street View Widgets, but as it's predecessors have lacked updating when new version of Flex Viewer are released and me wanting to add more features, I finally decided to do one myself.

The Google Street View Widget version 3.3 for Flex Viewer 3.3 allows you to view Google Street View Panoramas in a popup window. The widget use Google Maps API Version 3 and has almost all the API options for the Street View Panorama that are available in the API configurable in the widgets xml. A lot of attention has gone into the UI (User Inferface) and UX (User Experience) of this widget and a lot of cross browser testing has been done. Tested on Safari for windows 5.1.7, Internet Explorer 9, Opera 12.15, FireFox 21.0, and Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m.

Configurable features include:

* hidestreetviewvwidowwhenminimized - This is a true or false value and determines if the graphic on the map and the Google Street View window are hidden when the widget is minimized.
    * width - The width of the popup widow that is opened.
    * height - The height of the popup widow that is opened.
    * apikey - The Google Maps API Key that you must obtain to use this widget.
      https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key
    * addresscontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View Address Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed.
    * clicktogo - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will move to the location clicked.
    * disabledoubleclickzoom - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will zoom into the
      location on the panorama where the user double clicks.
    * imagedatecontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will display the date of the
      panorama image was taken along the bottom of the window with the copyright info.
    * linkscontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will display the movement arrows
      and street names on the panorama for navigation purposes.
    * pancontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View pan Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed.
    * zoomcontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View zoom Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed and a
      controlstyle attribute that determines the size of the control.

* All text that the widget uses is configurable in the xml to allow for internationalization of the widget.

So here it is: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b4259b1cf73e4fa3b04e7bdf75fee29b

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
153 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mark,

I got it to preload minimized just fine.... Now the popup window will not be minimized, just the widget.

<widgetcontainer layout="float">
       <widget label="Google Street View" width="380"
                preload="minimized"
                config="widgets/StreetView/StreetViewWidget.xml"
                icon="widgets/StreetView/assets/images/i_gsv.png"
                url="widgets/StreetView/StreetViewWidget.swf"/>
    </widgetcontainer>
0 Kudos
MarkChambers1
New Contributor
Can't believe I missed that one.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
DavidRaijmakers
New Contributor III
Hello Robert,

Thanks for this widget, it is very helpful,

But there's just one little problem for our customers, that are using IE 8..

The rotate circle isn't in the right position, do you know a way to change it in the Streetview.html or other files?

Here's an image to see what i mean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26236[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
DavidRaijmakers
New Contributor III
Thanks for you superb widget,

Is there a way to cancel the launch of the white screen when you open the widget, i want it to only open when i move the icon and drop in on a point of the map

And when the point is set on the map and when i want to move that point, the icon is located about 20px underneath the cursor, but it loads on the location of my cursor and not of the icon.

Have you seen that before, it also happens in your sample...

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
David,

The popup window is shown when the widget is launched by design and this behavior is not likely to be changed. When dragging the Google Street View man the mouse pointer is pointing to the location that the GSV man will be placed NOT where the GSV man icon is.
0 Kudos
DavidRaijmakers
New Contributor III
Yes okay,

but it is somehow pretty confusing.

But if it is by design than i have nothing more to say.
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
I had troubles at first with the API key but after some tweaking it seems to work, maybe it was a delay or an issue with the internet cache.  Anyways, has anyone had any issues going over the quotas?  Mine is not set up for billing and I don't foresee ever even coming close to 25000 requests per day, but I'm not sure what is considered a request.  Funny thing is I've tried to check the reports and so far it still says zero requests even though I am using the app.  Anyone have any insight into this?
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Josh,

The 2,500 request per day is for the Geocoding Web Service, the Directions Web Service, and the Elevation Web Service. The street view pano requests do not have a quota.
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
Thanks for clearing that up.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
KevinDixon
New Contributor
Robert,

Can we define where the street view panorama pops up when the page is opened?
0 Kudos