Google® Street View Widget

06-12-2013 08:02 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All,

Here is the next installment to my long list of widgets. I never really wanted to add to the list of several Street View Widgets, but as it's predecessors have lacked updating when new version of Flex Viewer are released and me wanting to add more features, I finally decided to do one myself.

The Google Street View Widget version 3.3 for Flex Viewer 3.3 allows you to view Google Street View Panoramas in a popup window. The widget use Google Maps API Version 3 and has almost all the API options for the Street View Panorama that are available in the API configurable in the widgets xml. A lot of attention has gone into the UI (User Inferface) and UX (User Experience) of this widget and a lot of cross browser testing has been done. Tested on Safari for windows 5.1.7, Internet Explorer 9, Opera 12.15, FireFox 21.0, and Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m.

Configurable features include:

* hidestreetviewvwidowwhenminimized - This is a true or false value and determines if the graphic on the map and the Google Street View window are hidden when the widget is minimized.
    * width - The width of the popup widow that is opened.
    * height - The height of the popup widow that is opened.
    * apikey - The Google Maps API Key that you must obtain to use this widget.
      https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key
    * addresscontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View Address Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed.
    * clicktogo - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will move to the location clicked.
    * disabledoubleclickzoom - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will zoom into the
      location on the panorama where the user double clicks.
    * imagedatecontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will display the date of the
      panorama image was taken along the bottom of the window with the copyright info.
    * linkscontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will display the movement arrows
      and street names on the panorama for navigation purposes.
    * pancontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View pan Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed.
    * zoomcontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View zoom Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed and a
      controlstyle attribute that determines the size of the control.

* All text that the widget uses is configurable in the xml to allow for internationalization of the widget.

So here it is: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b4259b1cf73e4fa3b04e7bdf75fee29b

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
153 Replies
PatrickMcGarry
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,

I was wondering is there functionality to snap the icon to the streetview network (in google maps it appears as a highlighted blue network when the streetview icon is selected, dragged and dropped), as i keep placing the icon in areas where streetview isn't available.

Do i simply have to add a google maps service to enable this functionality, or is this a bit more complex than that?

Thanks,

Damien Robinson
0 Kudos
JackJoseph
New Contributor II
hi robert,
i've tried to implement your streetview widget and am getting Google API errors.  i've created my own key and plugged it in as the directions state, but i keep getting this error.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25588[/ATTACH]

i've done a lot of research and have created a new key, but still not sure how to resolve this.  any insight you might have would be great.

thanks,
jack
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Patrick,

No you can not add Google Maps Streetview layer to Flex (which is what would need to happen) because of Terms of Use.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jack,

This can happen when you are running your application form your local drive instead of IIS (i.e. file:///C:/Flash Builder 4.7/FlexViewer3.3/bin-debug/index.html).
0 Kudos
JackJoseph
New Contributor II
Thanks Robert.  I am currently creating the app simply using Viewer for Flex 3.3 using my localhost (inetpub/wwwroot/flexviewers) which is using IIS.  I've also tried publishing the app on our test server and am still getting the same error message.

Jack
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jack,

Not sure what else to tell you as that error is coming from the Google Maps API and not my widget.
0 Kudos
JackJoseph
New Contributor II
No problem Robert.  I'll get it figured out.  I've used many of your widgets and they have all been great.  Keep up the good work!

Jack
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
When using the widget in Firefox, I'm getting this error in the popup window:

"ginitialize: window.opener.flexApp is undefined"

Works fine in Google Chrome and IE, but just a firefox issue for me?

Anyone else come across this?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shaun,

So you do not get any message/error before that one?.. What version of FireFox are you running?
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
That was in an older version of Firefox 16.01 and yeah that was the only message that came up in the google street view popup.

Just upgraded to version 22 of firefox and all good 🙂
0 Kudos