Select to view content in your preferred language

Google® Street View Widget

06-12-2013 08:02 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All,

Here is the next installment to my long list of widgets. I never really wanted to add to the list of several Street View Widgets, but as it's predecessors have lacked updating when new version of Flex Viewer are released and me wanting to add more features, I finally decided to do one myself.

The Google Street View Widget version 3.3 for Flex Viewer 3.3 allows you to view Google Street View Panoramas in a popup window. The widget use Google Maps API Version 3 and has almost all the API options for the Street View Panorama that are available in the API configurable in the widgets xml. A lot of attention has gone into the UI (User Inferface) and UX (User Experience) of this widget and a lot of cross browser testing has been done. Tested on Safari for windows 5.1.7, Internet Explorer 9, Opera 12.15, FireFox 21.0, and Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m.

Configurable features include:

* hidestreetviewvwidowwhenminimized - This is a true or false value and determines if the graphic on the map and the Google Street View window are hidden when the widget is minimized.
    * width - The width of the popup widow that is opened.
    * height - The height of the popup widow that is opened.
    * apikey - The Google Maps API Key that you must obtain to use this widget.
      https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key
    * addresscontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View Address Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed.
    * clicktogo - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will move to the location clicked.
    * disabledoubleclickzoom - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will zoom into the
      location on the panorama where the user double clicks.
    * imagedatecontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will display the date of the
      panorama image was taken along the bottom of the window with the copyright info.
    * linkscontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View will display the movement arrows
      and street names on the panorama for navigation purposes.
    * pancontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View pan Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed.
    * zoomcontrol - is a true or false value and determines if the Google Street View zoom Control is visible.
      It has an attribute of controlposition that defines where in the popup window the control is placed and a
      controlstyle attribute that determines the size of the control.

* All text that the widget uses is configurable in the xml to allow for internationalization of the widget.

So here it is: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b4259b1cf73e4fa3b04e7bdf75fee29b

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
153 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Steve,

Nope still the same, no going to change.
0 Kudos
SteveAdams
New Contributor III
Thanks just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something along the way.
0 Kudos
ThanhThai
New Contributor II
Hi Robert et al.,

The streetview widget produces fisheye views of the streets in IE (versions 9 & 10)  -- the streets look curvey when they're actually straight; however, it is working fine in Chrome.  Are you aware of such issue and what is the recommended solution? 

Many thanks,

Thanh
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Thanh,

I have IE 10.0.12 on my Windows 7 Development Laptop and I see no Fisheye in the streetview.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30720[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
ThanhThai
New Contributor II
Can you please try looking at the street horizontally, i.e. looking at a house, rather than down the street?  Also, please make sure you zoom out.  Please see screenshot in attachment (FisheyeView.jpg)... notice the street looks curvey infront of the house, but it is a straight street. 

(BTW, I have tried it on both XP and Win7 environments.) 

Thanks again,

Thanh
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Thanh,

Have you edited which version of the Google API is used in the StreetView.html?.. I turned the observer view towards a building and zoom all the way out and still don't see what you see... Just another reason to not use IE, i guess.
0 Kudos
ThanhThai
New Contributor II
Hi Robert,

I'm using v3 of the API.  Which line in the StreetView.html should I edit?

Thanks,

Thanh

Thanh,

Have you edited which version of the Google API is used in the StreetView.html?.. I turned the observer view towards a building and zoom all the way out and still don't see what you see... Just another reason to not use IE, i guess.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Thanh,

I was not saying that you NEED to make a change to the code, I was just asking if you had made any changes. I have yet to reproduce your issue but I will keep looking.
0 Kudos
RaulLeos
New Contributor II
Robert,

I am not so familiar with the google api key. I need some help on how to acquire this google api key for The Google Street View Widget version 3.3 for viewer for flex 3.3. The widget has been added and just in need of the api key to work. I work for the local government and do not know if this key is free for local government websites. Please I need your help thanks.

Raul Leos
GIS Technician
McAllen, Texas
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Raul,

There was a link on the widgets download page that directs you to the Google page concerning getting started and obtaining an API key.

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key

There is information on the API page about terms of use.
0 Kudos