Select to view content in your preferred language

Google Street View Widget for the Flexviewer

01-11-2011 02:25 AM
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
I wanted to get some feedback on my street view widget for the Flexviewer 2.*, Check it out here:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f069d8a3aa304e29a432b48e5f64ca74
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
82 Replies
GeraldLegacy
New Contributor
HI Andrew,

Just tried your Street Widget ... on your webpage it looks great! I am fairly new at this Ia m usinf ArcGis viewer for Flex 3.0. I have copy and paste the compiled 3.0 to the widget added the widge string to the congif.xml and I am having a problem the widget is open, I click on the icon to start the street viewer and click on a street and nothing. I don't what is wrong...

Can you please help ?

Gerald
GIS Analyst
Moncton, NB
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
HI Andrew,

Just tried your Street Widget ... on your webpage it looks great! I am fairly new at this Ia m usinf ArcGis viewer for Flex 3.0. I have copy and paste the compiled 3.0 to the widget added the widge string to the congif.xml and I am having a problem the widget is open, I click on the icon to start the street viewer and click on a street and nothing. I don't what is wrong...

Can you please help ?

Gerald
GIS Analyst
Moncton, NB

Gerald,

This code isn't currently compiled for the 3.0 viewer.  I have seen a few comments from other people have have successfully ported it over the the new 3.0 viewer.  When I get an opportunity I will be updating the code, but for now I'd suggest looking at some of the other uploads from people.  Sorry I've haven't been much help here.

Andrew
0 Kudos
PawanVuppala
Frequent Contributor
This is a great widget to have.  I tried it with 3.0 viewer by copying the compiled version under sv_api_v3 folder abd it never worked for me.  However I have a 2.5 version that seems to work but, I'd really love to get it upgraded.

Thanks!
Gerald,

This code isn't currently compiled for the 3.0 viewer.  I have seen a few comments from other people have have successfully ported it over the the new 3.0 viewer.  When I get an opportunity I will be updating the code, but for now I'd suggest looking at some of the other uploads from people.  Sorry I've haven't been much help here.

Andrew
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Updated 3.0 API code found here.  Install instructions to follow but I wanted to get the code out there.
Cheers,

Andrew

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b721eec8dde442559e9c17acecd22188
0 Kudos
PawanVuppala
Frequent Contributor
This works great !!  Thanks Andrew.  For all those who are using Robert's eSearch widget this works now on top of Streetview widget..I been wanting to be able to use these two for a while and now I finally can!!

Thanks again you guys for wonderful widgets.
Updated 3.0 API code found here.  Install instructions to follow but I wanted to get the code out there.
Cheers,

Andrew

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b721eec8dde442559e9c17acecd22188
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
No problem, don't forget to rate it.  Cheers
0 Kudos
MLowry
by
Frequent Contributor
Great work Andrew. That is quite a large download at 40MB!

Going to check out your source code shortly.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
GISProgrammer9,

I've updated the size of the download.  I also included a couple of readme files for those who are interested.

Andrew
0 Kudos
PawanVuppala
Frequent Contributor
Hi Andrew,
Thanks again for this great widget.  Wondering if theres a way to add the Image Date as shown in the Google Streetview page.  Its
at the bottom left on the google page but, can't see that in our widget.  This would really add great value to the maps that we use.

Thanks in advance.

-Pawan
GISProgrammer9,

I've updated the size of the download.  I also included a couple of readme files for those who are interested.

Andrew
0 Kudos
SeanSpansel
Emerging Contributor
This is an excellent add-on and thanks for providing the help for others to get it running.  I'm having some of the same issues as listed above and I've hit a brick wall on trying to think up a way to fix it.

I'm using the compiled version, followed the readme (btw, using Streetview_v3.0 file) and I'm getting the widget/icons/etc but when I place the StreetGuy, I'm not getting the popup window with 360 view.  Inside of the flexviewer 3.0 program, it works, but when I follow the web address it doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've done
0 Kudos