FV 3.0 Disable Secure Service Login

Jump to solution
07-01-2012 01:42 PM
SimonRoss_User
Occasional Contributor
I've already posted this to an existing post (http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/54640-FV-3.0-and-Login) but thought I'd open separately so there's no confusion.

Just started working with FV 3.0 and having some issues with the new login popup for secured services.

Our existing applications (FV 2.5) are secured via an ASP form control.  Credentials for the secure services are built into the proxy page.  Currently with the new secure services login this causes a separate challenge for authentication.  Ideally I'd just like to disable the new secure services challenge but can't seem to make this happen in the flexviewer source code.  I've tried removing the IdentityManager.instance.enabled = true but this makes no difference.  I still get the popup appear.  Any ideas on how to customize the viewer to remove this?
Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
33 Replies
SimonRoss_User
Occasional Contributor
Unfortunately Joe - you will need to compile a custom flex viewer from the source code with the changes documented above.  If you want to use the Edit Widget you may also need to make the change on the forum I linked ot further up.  They're very small changes in the code but there is no other workaround right now
0 Kudos
JosephAccardi
New Contributor III
Thanks for all your info Simon. It�??s a shame that I cannot make this simple edit in the code to make the proxy page work. I may need to make the jump to the uncomplied version. The complied FV has too many limitations, but my application is pretty much built and I�??m not sure how much additional effort it will take to convert it to an uncomplied-FV app. In the meantime, I hope they will update the complied FV code with this fix, but until then it looks like all complied-FV users cannot use proxy pages.
0 Kudos
SimonRoss_User
Occasional Contributor
Joe,

The programming is really pretty straightforward - literally editing 3 lines and the ESRI documentation for getting the development environment setup is pretty good.  Of course you do need Flashbuilder - I don't believe there's an open-source equivalent of any kind.  Normally in the spirit of GIS community I'd be willing to share a copy of our updated compiled viewer but as you work for a competitor I have to draw the line in case it comes back to haunt me.  Best of luck with getting up and running
Cheers

Simon
0 Kudos
JosephAccardi
New Contributor III
No worries Simon. Thanks for your help.

Take care,
Joe
0 Kudos