Flexviewer 2.4 - initialextent, fullextent bug?

08-26-2011 12:07 AM
MagalyC_
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

Here is my config file for initialextent and fullextent:
[HTML] <map wraparound180="true"
     initialextent="508300 1182900 509500 1184200"
     fullextent="485000 1173000 525000 1207000"
     top="0" >...[/HTML]

If you consult my attachement files, you can see that my initial extend doesn't work. In capture 1, it's what I have at first display and in catpure 2, it's the display that I must have.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Magaly,

Do you have any tiled/cached map services in your config.xml? Because is you do then the LODs that that those were cached at control the scales that are available for your map viewing.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MagNess

Robert,

First of all, thanks for your reply!
Yes, I have tiled and cached map services in my config file. Then what should I to do for this to work fine ?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Magaly,

You are limited to the scale that the cache was built at if you choose to use tiled map services, or you could set those map services to dynamic which does not have predefined LODs. I would not think that loosing the speed of a tiled map service would be worth the ability to have your initial extent exactly as you want though. The third even less likely solution is to re-cache your map service to include that particular map scale, but that would likely affect how your cached map service would work with other map services(i.e. esri basemaps).
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MagNess

Hi!

Apparently, the problem is due to the "login screen"! It works fine in flexviewer 2.3, the problem appears in 2.4...
I have no idea how to fix it 😕
Any ideas?

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/25899-Login-Screen-for-the-Flexviewer?p=134838&viewfull=1#post13483...

Thanks,

Magaly
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos