Flex Viewer for Mobile Applications

06-23-2011 11:46 AM
MartinSiwek
New Contributor
Is there an out of the box flex configuration set up for mobile applications that can be accessed on smart phones?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DylanRoy
New Contributor
Is there an out of the box flex configuration set up for mobile applications that can be accessed on smart phones?

Bump. I would also like to know this.
0 Kudos
philippschnetzer
Occasional Contributor III
If you download the api you can go to a 'mobile' folder (arcgis_api_for_flex_3_0\ArcGIS_Flex\mobile...) and load in 2 flex projects into flash builder.  They are not the flexviewer equivalent to mobile, but they show you a starting point.  Also, if using the flash builder 4.5 or 4.6 I think you can package up your mobile project for apple/android/blackberry all from one code base!  I was just curious once so I loaded these sample projects into flash builder and emulated them on a couple different mobile devices, but that's as far as I got.
0 Kudos
DylanRoy
New Contributor
Thanks for the response. I also only went as far as you out of curiosity. I was just hoping, I didn't have to go through the trouble of creating a custom version of the mobile equivalent, which after searching I believe doesn't exist "out of the box" as of yet.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
No, there isn't an out-of-the-box FlexViewer for use with a Flex Mobile project.
0 Kudos