Flex Viewer 2.2 released!

12-10-2010 12:52 PM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Today we released version 2.2 of both ArcGIS API for Flex and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex.

Among the highlights to both Flex API and Flex Viewer:
�?� Support for arcgis.com web maps
�?� Legend Component in the API and Legend Widget in the Viewer
�?� Undo/redo while editing

API 2.2 What�??s New
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/help/index.html#whats_new.htm

Viewer 2.2 What�??s New
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html#whats_new.htm
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
32 Replies
AniketWani
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
I am in the process of migrating my modifications from 2.1 to 2.2, and for every code module and configuration file I wonder if there are any changes at all to the new version.  If I knew there were no changes I could just use my previous file, but I'm going through the tedious process of finding all my modifications and editing them into the new files. 

At the risk of asking too much, would it be too difficult to put a date and/or version number in each file (.xml, .mxml, .as) so we could save some time with the migration?  Or perhaps provide a list of changed or unchanged files (whichever is easier)?

Thanks,
Marc

What I would really like is just a very simple wizard that does the migration similar to a normal software update.  Many of us that are using the Flex Viewer are newbies to programming and are not very comfortable constantly making changes to xml files.  bjorn suggested we just copy the old xml into the new but how do I know what exactly to copy?
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
...suggested we just copy the old xml into the new but how do I know what exactly to copy?

I meant copy the whole xml file (not parts of it), thus overwriting the new default one. For example, if you made changes to the config.xml you can copy that file into the new viewer.  The same for any widget configuration file (*.xml) that you have customized.

We try to make the viewer backward compatible as much as possible, so this should work for most scenarios (from 2.1 and later).  You should also read the "what's new" to see what have changed.

Hope this helps...
0 Kudos