flex pop up hyperlinks

Jump to solution
09-24-2014 08:53 AM
SladeBridges
New Contributor II

i have read a couple of threads from a couple of years ago and i looks like i have the same issue. we have a service that is consumed in the flex viewer, i has points that are duplicated on a couple of layers and they retrieve different pdf maps. the points have a hyperlinked field and i configured the popup to retrieve a png file and apply the hyperlink to it, it has just stopped working last week. we still run flex 3.1 and i use the application builder, i have attached a word document to illustrate how i have configured the pop up in the past that worked. i really don't know what changed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yep, the old way was better for workflows like yours, but the bottom line is that it is not an option anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Slade,

What does a value of the FeederPrin field look like?

0 Kudos
SladeBridges
New Contributor II

Table_2014-09-24_11-33-29.jpg

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Slade,

So it looks like this is just a link to a folder and not an actual document. Well it seems that this type of access has changed in Flash Player and you can not do this anymore.

0 Kudos
SladeBridges
New Contributor II

robert, this is for a group of 200 map grids, i do have specific pdfs that do not work as wellTable_2014-09-24_11-45-39.jpg

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yep, the old way was better for workflows like yours, but the bottom line is that it is not an option anymore.

0 Kudos
SladeBridges
New Contributor II

any solution to this, as far as getting a user to a specific pdf from Flex?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Slade,

So are you saying that there is a many to one relationship between the individual feature and the PDFs?

0 Kudos
SladeBridges
New Contributor II

no, i have the features duplicated depending on the type map you are looking for. for example, if you are looking for a sectionalizing storm map  you would turn on the breaker features that are labeled Sectionalizing Storm Maps and you would repeat this process for other maps, the breaker feature is duplicated to correspond to the maps. i hope i have explained that well.

0 Kudos