Export layer to KML/KMZ file format in arcviwer for flex

03-04-2013 07:10 PM
rama_krishnanulu
New Contributor
Hi,

Do we have any option to select the features from point features class and export to KML/KMZ file format in arcviwer for flex.

Please suggest any options in the available widgets to export the point features to KML format in the flex viewer application

Thanks
Rama Krishna, Nulu
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
No, there is no option to export selected point features to KML/KMZ functionality.

I don't recall seeing any custom widgets that adds this functionality either.
0 Kudos
rama_krishnanulu
New Contributor
Hi bjorn,

Thanks for your reply..

We are using the Data Extract widget to export the points to AutoCAD File, ESRI File Based Geo-database and Shape file formats, but KML option is not avaiable. Is their any procedure to add the KML/KMZ option to the Data extraction Widget?? Please suggest

Thanks
Rama krishna, Nulu
0 Kudos
LucBourbousson
New Contributor III
Hi,
I've linked the 3.2 Data Extract widget with the clip and ship geoprocessing service customized for our layers. Thus we have now the possibility to launch a .kmz extraction (see snap).
.gdb and .shp extractions are OK but we can't achieve .kmz and other extra format extractions. Error: "Unable to process request. Error handling service request : java.io.IOException: Server object extension 'featureserver' not found. Instance of the service 'Extraction.GPServer' crashed. Execution of job jb95512a187a442adb1cf1f6bdeb84aa7 failed. The service was unable to change the status of the job."

Is there a special configuration to be able to extract in kmz format?

Thanks
0 Kudos
LucBourbousson
New Contributor III
Hi
in complement to my thread: the error seems to occur because we don't have the data interoperability extension.
When running the clip and ship process on Arcgis desktop with kmz format as output, the following error occurs:
export to OGSKML failed. Formats require data interoperability extension. This extension is missing.

I have no problem when configuring .gdb or .shp as output format.

Can someone confirm the clip and ship .kmz (and other formats) export requires the data interop extension?

Thx
0 Kudos
YvanRIOU
New Contributor
Hello,

Do anyone have some news about exporting features to kml ?

Thanks,

yvan
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Yvan,

It is possible but you would have to write your own function to do it. The main problem you will end up having is getting the KML to have the same symbology as your features. I have written an exporter for a draw widget that exports all drawn graphics to KML. If you have the ability to change the source code this post may give you some pointers:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/85849-Export-selected-Features-to-KML-KMZ?p=303120#post303120

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos