Select to view content in your preferred language

eSearch - graphic input only option not returning symbols

12-14-2012 01:16 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MegPeterson

Hi everyone -

I have 3 layers in my eSearch.xml with <symbols> set at the bottom of the .xml, and no <symbology> set for the individual layers. It seems like something is a little buggy. The first layer in my list selects fine (purple - good pix), but the other layers do not have the same highlighted color, even though they populate the datagrid, and show the popup (bad pix) etc.

Interestingly everything works fine for the textinput option, it's just for the graphical input that something is awry. Any ideas?

I'm using eSearch,3.014f - last modified on 11/15/2012.

thanks, meg
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody out there with the same issue? Robert, Rhett, Santa? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Meg,  i can not reproduce this issue, but am using the latest version.  I only have the </symbols> set at the end (no symbology for individual layers) and all my searches produce the same highlight/outline regardless of text or graphic search.

Is there a reason you can't update?  Robert has addressed some of the symbology issues with spatial search a couple versions back.

R_
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Rhett. I had seen the post about the previous spatial searches, was just wondering if this was a known issue for the graphical input as well. I'll upgrade to the latest and greatest as soon as I can, was just looking for a quick fix/idea if someone had the same result.

On another note, have you ever noticed odd behaviour re: the <titlefield> parameter? If I delete the <titlefield> entry entirely, or if I leave it blank <titlefield></titlefield> I get Error#1069. But if I put in a fake field name like <titlefield>XXXX</titlefield> - poof, error gone.

Regardless, I'll upgrade soon. Thanks again for your response. I learn a ton from these postings.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Don't remember for sure, but if I remember correctly, the issue was if there wasn't symbology set for each layer.

You may be able to copy your desired symbology to the bottom of each layer as a work around.

<symbology>
    <simplefillsymbol color="0x00FFFF" alpha="0">
     <outline color="0x00FFFF" alpha="0.8" width="2" />
    </simplefillsymbol>
    </symbology>
  </layer>

R_
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

Meg,

You definitely need to update as I have addressed many of the symbology issues graphical and spatial. I will look into the titlefield issue, but that field as it stands right now is a required field that is why you get the error, but I will look into changing that.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
I am using 3.0.16 and do not get the error.  However if I delete the titlefield or leave it blank, I ALWAYS get a search return with no values.  So, no error, but no valid search either.

I also have this set  <popupsdisabled>true</popupsdisabled>

which might be why you get an error and I don't (titlefield is for the popups)

R_
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

Meg,

Here is the code fix for the titlefield issue:

Code change in the eSearchWidget.mxml

private function createSearchResults(feats:Array, queryFields:XMLList, queryRelates:Array = null, initiator:String = null):ArrayCollection
            {
                var a:int;
                if(qFeatLayer.layerDetails){
                    layerDetails = qFeatLayer.layerDetails;
                }else{
                    layerDetails = qFeatLayer.tableDetails;
                }
                var fields:XMLList = qFeatLayer ? queryFields.field : null;

var result:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();
                if (!queryTitleField){
                    queryTitleField = layerDetails.displayField;
                }