Select to view content in your preferred language

eSearch - Export to CSV

05-25-2011 08:28 AM
MikeKellison
New Contributor II
Robert,
When I choose to export selected features to CSV, the file type .csv is not specified and it defaults to Save as type: All Files (*.*).  I am using your latest release, version 2.3.2.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mike,

Event though it does not list .csv as a file type you will notice that the file name has Selected Records.csv as the file name so it is fine just the way it is.
0 Kudos
MikeKellison
New Contributor II
I have tested this, and my system does not add .csv to the file name.  I have to do it manually, otherwise it saves as a generic file type.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mike,

So when the save dialog comes up it does not have "Selected Records.csv" as the file name to save, or "something.csv"?
0 Kudos
MikeKellison
New Contributor II
No.  It has Selected Records, but does not include .csv.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mike,

Do most of the file on your system not show a file extension when you look in windows explorer? The problem is that Flash player does not give much control over the file save dialog (security reasons).
0 Kudos
MikeKellison
New Contributor II
You sent me down the right path.  I had file extensions hidden in all my folders.  I changed the setting so I would see file extensions in all folders, and the export function now includes the .csv.  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
MarcWeinshenker1
Occasional Contributor
I discovered this same problem just yesterday when one of my users had trouble saving the .txt file from the eDraw export.

Marc
0 Kudos
DaleHanna
New Contributor
Robert,

Which componet/line of code of the eSeach Widget would I change in order to have the widget export the .csv/.txt file to a default location (i.e. C:\Query Exports\....), without prompting the user to specify a location?

Thank you for all your help.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dale,

That is not possible... There are security constraints imposed by Flash Player that prevent this.
0 Kudos