Select to view content in your preferred language

Error #2036

08-12-2013 01:29 PM
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
I'm getting the 2036 error when loading widgets, specifically the search and print widget. Legend widget loads fine. Looking through the other forums suggest this error is a result of an incorrect path or a file that no longer exists. I've tripled checked and the paths are correct and the files are available. Spelling of file names match. 

I'm using version 3.4 of the builder and the widgets are 'out of the box'.
Header and map switcher widgets load fine and are fully functional.
The data is hosted on our arcgis.com organization account, but all the layers load fine.
The viewer runs on Windows Server 2008.

Note: as I was writing this, I restarted the server and the now everything works fine, expect for on IE. I get the #2036 error before anything loads, whereas before, I was getting the error just when I tried loading the search or print widget.

I appreciate any help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
I'm still experiencing these issues with Chrome and IE not loading either .../assets/locale/en_US.swf or .../widgets/WidgetContainer/WidgetContainerWidget.swf

I've tried working on a clean web server and I still get the same behavior with Chrome and IE. Again, no issues with Firefox.

I would appreciate any help or perspective on why these two files fail to load on these browsers. I'm completely baffled at this point. Thank you.
0 Kudos
TameraSulak
New Contributor
The issue is the config file -- it is looking for "mysplash" and the Flex viewer Widget folder has only "splash" folder.  In the widget folder there is NO MY SPLASH folder - only SPLASH folder.
open config file - below -- change the widget folder from "mysplash" to "splash" to match the widget folder or change the config file script to match the widget folder options.
Config file:
<splashpage url="widgets/mySplash/SplashWidget.swf" label="Ashtabula GIS Viewer - Disclaimer" config="widgets/mySplash/SplashWidget.xml"/>
WIDGET Folders:  splash

Our IT manager found this error after ESRI techs' did not find results for the error.
0 Kudos