Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

If you are talking about viewing my live preview site at

eSearch Live Preview Site

and you are saying that it is not showing the results in the Fixed Datagrid at the bottom of the app, then your problem is that you need to clear your browsers cache.

If you are talking about you trying the 3.7.2 version of the widget in App Builder, then you would not have my parcels layer to do a search on in your config file.

I just downloaded the 3.7.2 version and tested it after manually adding the Fixed datagrid as I explained in the previous post and it worked fine sending results to the fixed datagrid for those layers that were configured to do so.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor III

The preview site seems to be working now i didn't change or clean the cashe. I don't know what was going on.

I have installed 3.7.2 and it works, I made the edit you suggested and i know have the search results, but the search results table does not populate correctly as you can see on the picture. I can move my mouse up and down the search results and get a popup. Is it just me?

I also noticed that your widget has a few items grayed out like the mail box, pen. What are those and can them be turned on?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

You need to verify that you have actually got the 3.7.2 version installed. To do this hold down on the Alt key and click on the widget title (you can not do this in the preview tab). This will give you a message xo with the current version of the widget that you are actually using in your app. As far as the other buttons that are disabled those are some of my other widgets (eDraw, eLocate, point buffer) that the eSearch interacts with (this is covered in the the pdf help docs). If you have those widgets and have some drawn graphics from those widget in the map then those buttons will become enabled.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

Here is a pic that you requested, the alt button did not work.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Tony,

Not anywhere I can test this at the moment, but make sure you have this line in your configxml file

<floatorfixed>fixed</floatorfixed><!-- possible values are fixed and float -->

Seems I remember having it give me the blank "fixed" datagrid when I had it enabled, but didn't specify fixed in the config.

Just a thought,

R_

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

Rhett does it matter where you insert the line, i am sure it does but where?

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Tony,

I don't use the appbuilder, but suspect there is a setting in there for it.  If not, once you have the Fixed Datagrid setup, you need to tell eSearch to use that instead of the floating datagrid.  You do not have to add this line as it is already part of the config  (/widgets/eSearchWidget.xml) file.  Just scroll down or search for <floatorfixed> and make sure it is set to fixed.

R_

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

It is currently set to fixed.

<floatorfixed>fixed</floatorfixed><!-- possible values are fixed and float -->

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

I have followed the instructions in the Enhanced Search Widget Fixed Datagrid setup but i am still not getting the datagrid to populate correctly.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

Some how I don't think that the app you are using is using the latest version of the widget. So you need to do some manually checking to see if this is the case. The App Builder application outputs configured conpiled version of the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex into your web server folder under a directory called flexviewers. If you are using IIS the the folder will be located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\flexviewers. In that folder you will find folders whose name is equal to apps that you have built in App Builder. Find your latest app folder that you are testing and open it. go to the widgets folder and open it. Next open the eSearch folder. In the eSearch folder do you have a SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf with a modified date of 12/10/2014 and an eSearchWidget.swf with the same date?

0 Kudos