Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Peter,

There is not a widget that does this that is currently maintained.

0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor

I got this Selection widget to work in a new 3.6 app.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Also make sure that your layers have the <spatialsearchlayer>true</spatialsearchlayer> tag

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

What is an example workflow that you are after?

0 Kudos
PedroGarcia
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

It would be great if you add the functionality to work with subtypes and domains like Edit widget does it. Although your widget consider subtypes and domains, but it doesn't manage domains assigned to fields for each subtype. Do you understand me? Sorry if my English is not good.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor

Robert-

I was wondering if you may have seen this behavior and have a recommendation.  In my 3.6 version flex map I have a normal popup configured.  I am also using your esearch widget.  When doing a search, we get a successful search result.  If a user clicks a row in the table a popup will appear in the selected polygon.  This is cool and the way it should be. 

However, if the user then does a mouse click in the same polygon and you have a popup configured for that layer you actually get 'two" pop ups.  Its the same window but at the top it says 1of2 or 2of2.  The first one is the popup from esearch and the second is the popup from the normal popup widget.  We have seen this behavior if there are two rows of data with the same ID and confirmed that is not the issue.  Is there a way to basically make the esearch popup go away if a user clicks in the polygon and they get the normal popup?  I will attach a couple pics.Box 1 of 2.PNGBox 2 of 2.PNG

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Aaron,

This would actually be the expected behavior. If you have a popup configured for the layer and then do an eSearch on the same layer then both the popup and the eSearch have attached click events on the polygon and both will will launch their popups when the polygon is clicked. I have not plans to check and see if the layer already has a popup and do anything different in my widget if popup is already configured for the layer.

0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor

Robert-

Thanks for the note. I will let the user know. Have a nice day!

Aaron

0 Kudos
ErwanCaradec
New Contributor III

Robert,

icon links using WIDGET_URL variable are broken when the widget config file is not stored in the widget folder.

icon links using ICON_URL are ok.

could you update the source using ICON_URL only ?

Thanks a lot.

Erwan

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Erwan,

This line in the init function will always set the WIDGET_URL to be the same path as the widgets config file plus the assets/images folder (Which is the standard path).

WIDGET_URL = config.substring(0,config.lastIndexOf("/")) + "/assets/images/";

Do you have some suggestion for supporting non standard icon assets paths? If not them I don't see me making changes for non standard paths.

0 Kudos