Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jay,

Glad you got it resolved. I hate having to say I could not help in that senario.
0 Kudos
KirstenLuzik
New Contributor
Robert,

I cannot seem to figure out how to get the results to appear in a table.  The search executes correctly and I can click on the results tab in the search window to see a list of results, but I cannot figure out how to get the results to appear in a separate table. I have checked and double checked my code in both my main config.xml file and my eSearchWidget.xml file.  Can you please point me into the right direction?

Thanks,

Kirsten
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kirsten,

If you look at the example eSearchWidget.xml that comes in the download or read the configuration pdf you will see that for a field to appear in the table you need to define that that field is a gridfield by using the gridfield="true" attribute on a field. If you use the
<fields all="true">
then you do not have this option.
0 Kudos
NedCake
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,
Hope this message finds you well.

I'm experiencing a problem with eSearch3.5.3 in SFV3.5. The search layer and search field pick list labels are missing. It happens with or without preload. It occurs on both my customized esearch.xml and the OTB esearch.xml. I saw a previous message about this problem being fixed at 3.5.3. I downloaded and tested es3.5.3 from both esri and github. Have I missed something? Appreciate any help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28737[/ATTACH]

Much thanks from this SVF junkie for all over your amazing work over the years!
Ned Cake
TLCGIS
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ned,

Actually the fix for what you are seeing will not be out untill the next release. But there is a simple workaround for this isse in 3.5.3. All you need to do is add a with attribute to the widget tag in the main config:

width="400"
0 Kudos
NedCake
New Contributor III
Thanks Robert! That did the trick...
Ned

Ned,

Actually the fix for what you are seeing will not be out untill the next release. But there is a simple workaround for this isse in 3.5.3. All you need to do is add a with attribute to the widget tag in the main config:

width="400"
0 Kudos
JamesAgidius
New Contributor III
Hi There Again. Still Very new to this stuff, so I apologize in advance if my questions have previously been answered else where.

I have recently downloaded the esearch widget (uncompiled) and added it to my project in Adobe Flash Builder 4.7. I am using the api for flex 3.5, flex sdk 4.6, and esearch widget 3.5.3.

I have added the esearch to widgets, added the mxml files to my flex modules list, and added the images to src.assets.images.

I have configured the following bit of the eSearchWidget.xml, defining searches on two different layers of the same mapservice (I
think)
        <layer>
            <token/>
            <definitionexpression></definitionexpression>
            <enableexport>true</enableexport>
            <name>Zoning</name>
            <url>http://*************/rest/services/Planning/MapServer/4</url>
            <expressions>
                <expression alias="Zoning" textsearchlabel="Search by Zoning:" isvaluerequired="true">
                    <values>
                        <value prompt="Example: Rural Residential" userlist="Rural Residential,Commercial,Motor Business,
                        Multiple Family Residential,Municipality,Single-Family Residential,Single-Family Residential (R-1),
                        Suburban Residential" isvaluerequired="true" autosubmit="false" operator="AND">
                        upper(ZONE_TYPE) LIKE upper('%[value]%')</value>
                    </values>
                </expression>
            </expressions>
            <graphicalsearchlabel>Use one of the graphical search tools to select Zoning</graphicalsearchlabel>
            <spatialsearchlayer>false</spatialsearchlayer>
            <titlefield>ZONING_TYPE</titlefield>
            <fields all="true" />
            <links/>
            <zoomscale usegeometry="true" zoompercent="2"></zoomscale>
            <autoopendatagrid>false</autoopendatagrid>
            <queryattachments>false</queryattachments>
            <relates/>
            <symbology>
                <simplefillsymbol color="0xff0000" alpha="0.5">
                    <outline color="0xff0000" alpha="0.8" width="2" />
                </simplefillsymbol>
            </symbology>
        </layer>
        <layer>
            <token/>
            <definitionexpression></definitionexpression>
            <enableexport>false</enableexport>
            <enableprintgrid title="Building Permits">true</enableprintgrid>
            <name>Building Permits</name>
            <url>http://***************/rest/services/Planning/MapServer/0</url>
            <expressions>
                <expression alias="Building Permit" textsearchlabel="Search Permits by Permit Number">
                    <values>
                        <value prompt="Example: 2009-053"  isvaluerequired="true" autosubmit="false">PERMIT_ = '[value]'</value>
                    </values>
                </expression>
            </expressions>
            <graphicalsearchlabel>Use one of the graphical search tools to select Building Permits</graphicalsearchlabel>
            <spatialsearchlayer>false</spatialsearchlayer>
            <titlefield>PERMIT_</titlefield>
            <fields all="true" />
            <links/>
            <zoomscale usegeometry="true" zoompercent="2"></zoomscale>
            <autoopendatagrid>false</autoopendatagrid>
            <queryattachments>false</queryattachments>
            <symbology>
                <simplemarkersymbol/>
            </symbology>
        </layer>

The problem that I am having, is that only the first search appears in the eSearch widget when run, and the "layer" button drop down menu on the widget doesn't work. (Clicking on the Layer button produces a vertical line on the widget)

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

-James
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
James,

This is a know issue in version 3.5.3 of the eSearch widget when you do not have a width attribute in the widget tag in your main config.xml.

So just add
<widget label="Enhanced Search" left="80" top="100" preload="open"
                icon="assets/images/i_search.png" width="400"
                config="widgets/eSearch/eSearchWidget.xml"
                url="widgets/eSearch/eSearchWidget.swf"/>
0 Kudos
JamesAgidius
New Contributor III
That did it, Thanks again!

-James
0 Kudos
JoshuaFarrow
New Contributor
Hello Robert,

I have developed a geoprocessing widget that creates a buffer around polyline segments, then clips features from one point and one polygon layer within the aforementioned buffer area. The clipped features, from the point and polygon layers, are added to the mapping application as operational layers.

Is it possible to configure the Enhanced Search Widget to search the geoprocessing results of the two layers that have been added to the mapping application as operational layers?

Thank you for your assistance.
0 Kudos