Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
FilippoBergamin
New Contributor II
Hi all,
Sorry if this question has already been answered... I am experiencing an issue concerning the data table on the bottom of the page: even allowing the communication between the widget and the table, the outcome is every time an empty table... I really can't understand where the problem is. I tried different versions of the widget and now I am using the 3.4 (source code) on a 3.3 FlexViewer

Attached the xml configuration of the widget...
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Filippo,

Your issue is that you are not specifying which fields are to go to the DataGrid. By using:
<fields all="true" />
you are missing the fact that each field that you want to send to the datagrid has to have a gridfield or gridfieldonly attribute.

Here is a typical field xml portion that specifies which field do send to the datagrid:

<fields all="false">
                <field name="PPIN" gridfield="true" alias="Parcel Identifcation Number"/>
                <field name="NAME" gridfield="true" sort="asc|1|string"/>
                <field name="STREET_ADDRESS" gridfield="true" />
                <field name="USE_CODE" gridfield="true" />
                <field name="CALC_ACRES" gridfield="true" /> 
                <field name="EXEMPTION_CODE1" gridfield="true" />
                <field name="ADDRESS_1" gridfield="true" gridfieldonly="true" />
                <field name="ADDRESS_3" gridfield="true" gridfieldonly="true" />
                <field name="PRIOR_TAX_YEAR" gridfield="true" />
                <field name="SALE_DATE" gridfield="true" dateformat="MM/DD/YYYY" useutc="true"/>
                <field name="LAST_DEED_BOOK" gridfield="true"/> 
                <field name="LAST_DEED_PAGE" gridfield="true"/>
                <field name="ZIPCODE_1" gridfield="true" gridfieldonly="true"/>
                <field name="NEIGHBORHOOD" gridfield="true" gridfieldonly="true"/>
                <field name="SUBDIVISION" gridfield="true"/>
                <field name="SALE_PRICE" gridfield="true" currencyformat="$|2|,|." sum="true" sumlabel="Sales Price: "/>
                <field name="TOTAL_TRUE" gridfield="true" currencyformat="$|2|,|." sort="dsc|2|numeric"/>
                <field name="LAND_PRICE" gridfield="true" currencyformat="$|2|,|." />
                <field name="IMPR_PRICE" gridfield="true" currencyformat="$|2|,|." />
                <field name="ADJ_PRICE" gridfield="true" currencyformat="$|2|,|." />
                <field name="OVER_COND" gridfield="true"/>
            </fields>
0 Kudos
FilippoBergamin
New Contributor II
Hi Robert,

Thanks a million for your fast reply!! Now it works perfectly!!

Cheers,
Filippo
0 Kudos
jaymepeltz1
New Contributor
Hi, Not sure if this can be done but does the search widget have the ability to turn off the other features in the same layer after a search has been competed, for example I have numerous crop patches that I can search by a property Id once a search has been entered could the other features not included in the search be turned off.

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jayme,

The eSearch does not require the layer that is being searched to be visible in the map or for that matter for the layer to even be part of the map. So if you turn off the crop layer and execute your search you will only see the search results for that layer.
0 Kudos
jaymepeltz1
New Contributor
Thanks Robert, works great super widget btw the use of the data grid is great as I can export the property that is searched as a csv and then have a template looking at the csv to spit out a report. I guess I need to design my work flow a little better as I need just that property layer to now turn on once it has been searched so that it becomes editable, any ideas?
0 Kudos
denverweston
New Contributor III
Is there a way to have a different symbology for the result that is selected in the datagrid from rest of the query results?  For example all of the results returned from the query in red but when I select a record in the float datagrid I get a yellow symbology.

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
John,

Currently no, but I like the idea and will add it to the enhancement list.
0 Kudos
denverweston
New Contributor III
Thanks Robert.
0 Kudos
carmenpellicer
New Contributor
Hi Robert,
I love your eSearch widget, it is really good.
I found a DropDownList component that allows the user to select one or several values at a time.
I attach it to the thread for sharing with everybody and I was wondering if you could use it in your eSearch.

This component will allow queries on multiple values in a field, when the search queries for either of the values selected in the DropDownList.

Regards!
0 Kudos