Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
LixinHuang
Occasional Contributor
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your latest Search Widget 2.5.1.7f. I like the new widget which can search on standalone table. I have a parcel standalone table and parcel boundary feature class. I created a relationship class between the table and feature class. I searched on the parcel table and clicked the Relate Table button to bring up the parcel feature class attribute table successfully. However, it seems to me that I cannot zoom to the related featue class. Does your widget support this? Any helps or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II
John-Paul,

Have you tried a simple query such as:

<expression alias="Atlas Ranking" textsearchlabel="Search by Atlas site ranking:" userlist="1,2,3,4">Witschey_and_Brown_Ranking = [value]</expression>

Are you also returning the field Witschey_and_Brown_Ranking field in your list of fields

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
John-Paul,

Anthony is spot on with his responce. Here is why:

1. When you use a userlist, you are specifying the EXACT values that are needed and therefore do not need a LIKE in the Query.

2. You are searching on a field that is numeric, so having single quotes in the SQL says that you are trying to search for text and this in incorrect for your field type.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lixin,

I currently do not have any plans to support a Stand Alone Table Relate to have support for zoom to features.
0 Kudos
LixinHuang
Occasional Contributor
Lixin,

I currently do not have any plans to support a Stand Alone Table Relate to have support for zoom to features.

Thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I thought I would try and give you a forecast of things to come for the eSearch. Here are things I am currently working on or have already completed:

1. Multi field Links. What this means is that you can specify a link much the same way you do a description in a popup. So links will now look like this:

2. <links>
                    <link alias="View Mon. Ref Sheet">
                        <![CDATA[http://mySite/gis/map/mrs_test.asp?mrspoint={Name}&lat={LAT}&long={LON}]]>
                        <icon><![CDATA[assets/images/w_link.png]]></icon>
                    </link> 
                </links>
    And for a much more simple link it would look like this:
    <links>
                    <link alias="Get Property Image">
                        <![CDATA[{PICTURE}]]>
                        <icon><![CDATA[]]></icon>
                    </link>
                </links>

3. Ability to select and copy from the widgets results

4. Multi field expressions! I am diligently working on this to make it work and as configurable as possible. This is still one of my biggest challenges as each additional field need to have an additional text box or combo box added to the User Interface.

5. I have many more items on the enhancement list but will have to wait and see what makes the cut after the massive code changes that are involved in 1 and 3 are complete.

IMPORTANT be ready for it because this next version will require a lot of changes to your current SearchWidget.xml
0 Kudos
CK1
by
New Contributor
I will wait and I�??m glad to check it out. 😄
0 Kudos
LixinHuang
Occasional Contributor
Hi Robert,

Is it possible to have the tooltip for Link icon for Enhanced Search Widget 2.5.1.7f, as shown in the following?

<link includeinresults="false" field="TaxAccount" alias="Aerial Photo">
<linkprefix>http://map.brevardpropertyappraiser.com/Map2/default.aspx?taxacct=</linkprefix>
<linksuffix>&amp;c=t</linksuffix>
<iconfield></iconfield>
<iconprefix></iconprefix>
<iconsuffix>assets/images/i_satellite.png</iconsuffix>
</link>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lixin,

For some reason I can't seem to grasp what you are requesting here. You want a tooltip added for the link icon?
0 Kudos
LixinHuang
Occasional Contributor
Lixin,

For some reason I can't seem to grasp what you are requesting here. You want a tooltip added for the link icon?

Yes. Just like the one in your Identify widget.
0 Kudos