Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Evan,

Those instructions are for the Enhanced Draw Widget (not the OTB one) and are also for the uncompiled source code. Notice the DrawWidget.mxml not xml. Anyway those instructions are obsolete and I will remove them for the next version.
0 Kudos
EvanSepa1
Deactivated User
Thanks for clarifying . . .

I'm looking for a reason why my feature layer won't respond to the graphical search.

Is simply having  <spatialsearchlayer>true</spatialsearchlayer>  enough to turn on the capability for graphical search on a layer?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Evan,

The graphical and spatial searches are two different things. What do you mean that you can not get the graphical search to execute? Are you clicking the search button if you have the "enable multi-part graphics" checked?
0 Kudos
EvanSepa1
Deactivated User
I realize the spatial and graphical difference now . . . I just picked up the widget yesterday and I'm trying to apply it to my first flex application 🙂

I disabled spatial search. It's the graphical selection method that produces no results on my layer. I have multipart set to false. But turning multipart on and pressing search also provides no results.

I uploaded my work in progress.

http://gis.northfrontenac.com/cemetery/ArdochCommCemetery/
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Evan,

Try changing the spatialreference in your eSearchWidget.xml to 26918 instead of 102003.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Evan,

I am not sure where the wkt in your map element came from but if you remove it and add wkid="26918", everything works fine (this is in your main config.xml).
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Robert,

while on the subject, I see that there is a geometryserver AND spatialreference set in the eSearchWidget.xml.

Was wondering if these should match, or how they "interact" with each other.  Does one override the other or what?

R_
0 Kudos
EvanSepa1
Deactivated User
Evan,

I am not sure where the wkt in your map element came from but if you remove it and add wkid="26918", everything works fine (this is in your main config.xml).

This worked. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated 🙂
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rhett,

The spatialreference is the WKID that the buffering in this widget will use and the geometryserver is the url of the geometry service that the widget will use for buffering, simplifying, etc.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

New Version now available.

Version 3.0.15 - 11/28/2012
* Fixed an issue when printing after a search and the search layer did not have individual
  layer symbology specified in the eSearchWidget.xml
* Fixed issue where you could not use just tables in the eSearchWidget.xml
* Fixed issue where clicking the clear button before running a search produces an error.
* Fixed issue where new/add/remove selection button is not in the GUI when there is only
  one layer configured.
* Removed the Zoom All button when the results are a table.
* Validate the returned geometry before attempting to zoom to all selected features.
0 Kudos