Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
LixinHuang
Regular Contributor
Robert,

Thanks for developing this wonderful widget. I have two questions on this widget. First, does it support querying standalone table with relationship class? Second, does it support multiple fields query with the logic like AND or OR?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lixin,

There have been others that have do some work arounds to get the eSearch to work with non spatial standalone tables but by default the answer is no non spatial table searches are not supported. As far as multi field queries are concerned there is a way to do that in the eSearch but you will have to type all the SQL statement into the text box instead of just the value you looking for. If you are still intrested in that then let me know and I will point you to the thread where I have helped other in the pass to setup an open SQL query expression.
0 Kudos
LixinHuang
Regular Contributor
Robert,

Thanks for your answers. I would appreciate if you could point me to the thread where you have helped other in the pass to setup an open SQL query expression.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lixin,

Sure here is the thread:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/50744-Enhanced-Search-Widget-using-multiple-attributes-in-single-se...

Don't forget to click the top arrow (promote) as shown below:
0 Kudos
ChristopherBlinn1
Deactivated User
Hi Robert,

A couple of things, first I wanted to let you know I got some auto complete functionality to work with the widget.  I am still developing but so far it is looking pretty good.

Second, I noticed something with the widget that may be tedious to some.  I have two relates setup on a layer that the users search on.  When the results window loads, the users have to click on the result list for the relate icon to load (I guess the on click fetches the relates?).  This is fine and all, but when the Search Results are listed in the fixed data grid, and the user clicks the result they want, but the relates cannot be fetched.  So if you are wanting to view the related records, you are forced to find them in the initial results window, click on them, choose your relate, and then the related feature.

So my question is can the relates icon be added to a fixed field in the datagrid?  That way when the user clicks a result in the datagrid, the relates icon loads.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris
0 Kudos
jessebelcher
Deactivated User
Hi Robert,

A couple of things, first I wanted to let you know I got some auto complete functionality to work with the widget.  I am still developing but so far it is looking pretty good.

Second, I noticed something with the widget that may be tedious to some.  I have two relates setup on a layer that the users search on.  When the results window loads, the users have to click on the result list for the relate icon to load (I guess the on click fetches the relates?).  This is fine and all, but when the Search Results are listed in the fixed data grid, and the user clicks the result they want, but the relates cannot be fetched.  So if you are wanting to view the related records, you are forced to find them in the initial results window, click on them, choose your relate, and then the related feature.

So my question is can the relates icon be added to a fixed field in the datagrid?  That way when the user clicks a result in the datagrid, the relates icon loads.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Chris,

If and when you get the auto complete working  let us know.

Thanks

Jesse
0 Kudos
BenjaminWeisberg
Esri Contributor
Hi,

When I hover or click a result I see a stream of TypeErrors in the debug console as the Popup window appears.  This doesn't cause an error window to appear but it slows down the rendering of the Popup.  Has anyone else seen these warnings?

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@14f0f491 to mx.core.IFactory.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@14f2f5f9 to com.esri.ags.symbols.Symbol.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@14d70599 to mx.core.IFactory.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@14f2f5f9 to com.esri.ags.symbols.Symbol.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@14d76269 to flash.display.DisplayObjectContainer.
TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter child must be non-null.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@14d76269 to mx.styles.IAdvancedStyleClient.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@15589221 to flash.geom.Transform.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@14f7a8c9 to mx.managers.IFocusManager.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@15589521 to flash.media.SoundTransform.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@15589659 to flash.accessibility.AccessibilityProperties.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@15589221 to flash.geom.Transform.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@14d76269 to flash.display.DisplayObjectContainer.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ben,

Those warnings have been around ever since esri introduced the PopUp in the API.
0 Kudos
AngieCausey
Occasional Contributor
I see many posts regarding how the subtypes get displayed in the grid, but nothing on how I might create a search expression based on the coded subtypes.  Can you please advise how/if I might do this?
0 Kudos
EmilyLaMunyon
Deactivated User
Hello,

I am using version 2.5 of the esearch widget and am getting an error #1010 when a couple of my features are selected from a user list in the text search. Does anyone know what this error means and why it would only appear on a couple of features when the rest are fine?

Thanks for any help!

<layer>
 <definitionexpression></definitionexpression>
 <enableexport>true</enableexport>
 <name>All Weeds</name>
 <url>http://gis.slco.org/wwwrest/services/public/Weeds/MapServer/32</url>

<expressions>
 <expression alias="Weed Name" textsearchlabel="Search By Weed Name [ Example: Russian Olive]:"
 field="Weed_Common_Name" usedomain="false" userlist="Black Henbane, Canada Thistle, Dalmatian Toadlflax, Diffuse Knapweed, Dyers Woad, Field Bindweed, Garlic Mustard, Hoary Cress, Houndstongue,
 Johnsongrass, Leafy Spurge, Medusahead, Musk Thistle, Myrtle Spurge, Oxeye Daisy, Perennial Pepperweed, Phragmites, Poison Hemlock, Puncturvine, Purple Starthistle, Quackgrass,
 Russian Knapweed, Russian Olive, Saltcedar, Scotch Thistle, Spotted Knapweed, Squarrose Knapweed, St.Johns Wort, Sulphur Cinquefiol, Yellow Starthistle, Yellow Toadflax">
 upper(Weed_Common_Name) LIKE upper('%[value]%')</expression>

<expression alias="Collector_Agency"
 textsearchlabel="Search by Agency [ Example: SLCo ]:"
 >upper(Collector_Agency) LIKE upper('%[value]%')</expression>

</expressions>
0 Kudos