Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
SimonMorgan
Occasional Contributor III
Robert,

Thank you for fixing the bug, very much appreciated.

I have another question or possibly an enhancement request. I have an access database that is a front end for a table in my geodatabase. The table is only editable via access. It is joined to a feature class. I added a web component to the form to display a flex app. I have it setup so that it runs a query against the esearch widget depending upon which asset has been picked on the form.

So if asset 87 is picked the web component within the form builds the following URL:

http://gis2/swan/application25/index.html?config=config-engineering.xml&search=87 and then displays the web app from within Access on the form itself.

It works very nicely, however, it would be nice if I could controlt he zoom. Per your documentation, the widget zooms to the extent of the results. Would you be willing to add a parameter such that the zoom level could be included in the URL or would this be easy to do my self? I have a basic understanding of Flex.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Simon,

I believe this is already possible in the current version... Try setting the :
<zoomscale usegeometry="false">10000</zoomscale>
for the layer that is being searched in the SearchWidget.xml. Let me know if that does not work and I will look into it.
0 Kudos
SimonMorgan
Occasional Contributor III
Simon,

I believe this is already possible in the current version... Try setting the :
<zoomscale usegeometry="false">10000</zoomscale>
for the layer that is being searched in the SearchWidget.xml. Let me know if that does not work and I will look into it.

That did it thank you!!!
0 Kudos
HeenaLee
New Contributor III
Robert,

I've downloaded 2.5.0.8 and Related Table data are not showing. Could you tell me what I am missing?
I am attaching Searchwidgt xml. Try to search Hydrant ID "h1-0259". It has Flush data related. Thank you.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Henna,

Try relate id 0 and 1 and not 12 and 13.

<relates>
                <relate id="0" label="Hydrant Flush" enableexport="true">
                    <fields all="true" />
                </relate>
            <relate id="1" label="Hydrant Repair" enableexport="true">
                    <fields all="true" />
                </relate>
            </relates>
0 Kudos
HeenaLee
New Contributor III
Thank you Robert. It works.
0 Kudos
DavidJenkins
New Contributor III
I get this error if I minimize the enhanced search widget and then click on a record within the data grid.

[INDENT]Main Thread (Suspended: RangeError: Error #1125: The index 0 is out of range 0.)
widgets.eSearch::SearchWidget/highlightDataGroupItem
widgets.eSearch::SearchWidgetFixedDG/onItemRollOver
widgets.eSearch::SearchWidgetFixedDG/__resultsGrid_itemRollOver
flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction [no source]
flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent [no source]
mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent [no source]
mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/mouseOverHandler [no source]
mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/mouseMoveHandler [no source][/INDENT]

I'm not a flex / flash expert so I could use some help.  I would also be interested in removing the onItemRollOver functionality in the DataGrid and making it clickRow instead so it would zoom and showInfoWindow.  Having it bound to a click instead of using roll over would improve performance of larger sets of data in the current extent.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Dave Jenkins GISP
jkindave@gmail.com
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dave,

I have no plans for such a major rewrite of my datagrid code right now (as far as the row click). But I will attempt to duplicate the error you are getting a develop a fix if I can duplicate it.
0 Kudos
HeenaLee
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,

I have image hyperlink set up in Search Result and Grid Result for Signs data. Most Sign data search is using domain. I am using 2.5.0.8. When search result comes, they display same images. Although when I click image link in Grid field, it displays the correct images. I am attaching image and text file. Could you please help me out? Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Henna,

Now that the MVP competition is back. I need you to always post questions to a new thread and not to an existing one, that way you can mark questions as answered.
0 Kudos