Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
philippschnetzer
Occasional Contributor III
Robert,

That worked...except when the browser screen is resized the float grid does not stay at the bottom of the screen dynamically with the browser.  For example, if I begin the search in a small browser window the grid will first appear at the bottom, as intended...but if I then resize the browser to a larger area the grid begins the pull away from the bottom and stay at a fixed distance from the top of the header. 

Phil
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Phillip,

Well for that you will need a resize handler.

//Add this function
            private function mapResizeHandler(evt:Event):void
            {
                if(myfloatdg){
                    myfloatdg.y = map.height + Number(ViewerContainer.getInstance().mapManager.top) - myfloatdg.height;
                    myfloatdg.x = 0;
                }
            }
//Add this to the init function
map.addEventListener(ExtentEvent.EXTENT_CHANGE, mapResizeHandler);
0 Kudos
philippschnetzer
Occasional Contributor III
Awesome, thank you , Robert!
0 Kudos
VictorGonzales
New Contributor
Hello Robert,  this is off the current thread post but I would like to ask if there is any way to run my searches so they are not case sensitive, I would like not to have to type my searches in all caps. I am using 2.3.x version
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Victor,

There are several examples of non case sensitive search expressions in the provided SearchWidget.xml.

upper(ZONING_CODE) = upper('[value]')
0 Kudos
ShawnKraft
New Contributor III
Robert, I am still using version 2.1 of your enhanced search.  I was going to try to add the ability to do the multiple feature select to it.  If I took a look at your 2.3.2.2 version, think it would help me do this?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shawn,

There has been a lot of code changes since 2.1... You might figure it out.
0 Kudos
ShawnKraft
New Contributor III
lol yeah it sucks that this is changing so much.  Its good but bad.  Seems I can't stay with a version for very long before I have to update to the new version and re-build everything which, should not have to happen in order to update.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shawn,

For things to get better and bugs to be fixed we have to move forward though.
0 Kudos
ShawnKraft
New Contributor III
Yep I understand.  If I update to 2.3 will my 2.1 stuff work?
0 Kudos