Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
KeithGerhartz1
Frequent Contributor
I am using several event layers. The widget works as expected with the exception of grid interaction which assumes the existence of a common OID. Robert, how would you handle this? Perhaps it would be possible to create a unique ID for members of the selection set and base communication on that? Perhaps there is a way to force creation of an OID when creating the event layers, though I do not see how that is possible if one is not creating physical records. Any input would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Keith,

This thread is getting way to long and now that the MVP Program is running again I need you to post a new thread with your issue.
0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1
Frequent Contributor
Will do. Thank you.
0 Kudos
silvanagiberti
Emerging Contributor
Hello,

I am having an issue with the export functionality of the eSearch widget.
I have a map where few layers are not eligible for exporting data, and so I set "<enableexport>false</enableexport>" to disable it. When I click on the "Show Results in a Grid" button, everything works fine, that is, it is not possible to export the data - except if I first click on any other button on the widget window, like the "Results" button, and then on the "Show Results in a Grid" button: this time, the "Search Results" window allows me to export the data, even on export-disabled layers.
Is there something else I could do?

Thanks,
Silvana
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Silvana,

An you are using the latest version 2.5.1.2? You have to keep up to date with the most current release if you are going to get bug fixes. I just tested in the latest release and can not duplicate the issue.
0 Kudos
AllisonShaw
Deactivated User
Hi Robert,

Silvana and I are running the Flex API version 2.4.0, so I guess we are out of luck until our organization upgrades?

Thanks,
Allison Shaw

Silvana,

An you are using the latest version 2.5.1.2? You have to keep up to date with the most current release if you are going to get bug fixes. I just tested in the latest release and can not duplicate the issue.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Allison,

That is correct I can not invest the time to keep going back and adding bug fixes to old versions.
0 Kudos
AlexandreHashimoto
Deactivated User
Hello Robert!

I'm still working on version 2.1 of FlexViewer. Could you provide me a download link of the version 2.2.11 of your Enhanced Search Widget?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alexandre,

The compiled or un-compiled?
0 Kudos
AlexandreHashimoto
Deactivated User
Robert,

Both, if possible.

Thanks