Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
deleted-user-RjoC4IOGTpoH
New Contributor
No problem. Just checking because I have dataset that has around 170 fields that I would like to avoid adding to the config file.

I will push on anyway. The other enhancements are perfect otherwise.

Thanks !!

Nestor.
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Robert,

Is there a way in the Xml to change the colors of the fields and the results in the popup window and the results window?  This way the fields could be one color and the results could be another to make them easily discernable.  Is this possible?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
NedCake
New Contributor III
Hello Robert,
Thanks for the terrific widget!

Will you be updating the URL Search Configuration for Flexviewer 2.3.1? The documentation for the widget version I downloaded on 6/14/11 says its for Flexviewer 2.2 only.

Thanks for all of the hard work that you put into this!

Ned Cake
Tallahassee/Leon County GIS
0 Kudos
philippschnetzer
Occasional Contributor III
I would like to have the floating datagrid opened with verticalAlign="bottom" so that it sits nicely at the bottom of the map.  Cannot seem to find the proper location to adjust this...

Thanks
0 Kudos
DanielMunoz
Occasional Contributor
I have gotten many great ideas from these forums and I hope I can get one more. How difficult would it be to add an address locator to the enhance search? Could it be done? Has anyone one tried it yet? This is an extremely useful tool but I found out that most of the users arrive to this tool after  performing an address search. For example the citizens of the county do not know their parcel identification number, they have to perform and address search then identify the parcel to obtain their PIN to then input it on the search widget. The parcel address field is not something I can use. I'm curios to find out if anybody else is in the same predicament. Do you have any other ideas?
Thank you
0 Kudos
GeoffTaylor1
New Contributor II
I have installed the Enhanced Search widget and it is working extremely well.

There are two functions that I believe would be extremely valuable if implemented within the widget.

1. The ability to autozoom to the full extent of all selected items when the search has been run.
    ex: http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=2421&t=298832
    I have beat my head against the wall and am completely clueless how to achieve this.

2. The ability to have multiple layers and sublayers. It would be awesome if the advanced search widget could allow for multiple pull-down options like this concept image below. Currently only being able to load a single layer is great but being able to establish a filing structure to pull multiple organized layers and search would be perfect.

Also having a the same structure appear under the spatial search feature for searching "entities of" would be helpful as well.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Phillip,

The datagrid is centered in the map by this line in the SearchWidget.mxml

PopUpManager.centerPopUp(myfloatdg);

I have not tried but I would guess that you would need to set the bottom and right of the myfloatdg to zero and comment out the above code.
0 Kudos
GeoffTaylor1
New Contributor II

1. The ability to autozoom to the full extent of all selected items when the search has been run.
    ex: http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=2421&t=298832
    I have beat my head against the wall and am completely clueless how to achieve this.

The first issue was able to be resolved via the following code

add the following after line 238

import com.esri.ags.utils.GraphicUtil;//

add the following around line 1200 and 1400 after "if showGridResults();" and before "} catch (error:Error)"

/////////// MAKE THE MAP'S EXTENT ZOOM TO THE Search Results.
       var graphicsExtent:Extent = GraphicUtil.getGraphicsExtent(featureSet.features);
       if (graphicsExtent)
       {
        map.extent = graphicsExtent;
       }
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ned,

The URL configuration documentation will still work for FV 2.3.1.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Geoff,

Your needs are a little to specific and and overkill for most users. The source code is included so people like you can modify the widget as needed.
0 Kudos