Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
StuartBlumberg
Emerging Contributor
I tested it in the standard ESRI search widget and I am receiving the same behavior.  It seems to be the info window posting the wrong date.  I even created a new feature class with a different service and still am receiving this behavior.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Stuart,

are you using 2.3.1 for the viewer? What server version are you on and which service pack?
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
Emerging Contributor
I'm using Flexviewer 2.3.1 and using Server version 10.0 (haven't installed any service packs for Server yet).
0 Kudos
DanielCherry
Emerging Contributor
I've tried the latest version and it looks good. Now, how would I change it so that could search for a given date range? For example, let's say that the records not only contained a Zoning Code (like in your sample) but also an effective date (stored as 'Date' type, displaying as 6/1/2006, for example). How would I change the widget to search for Zoning Code 'OR1' effective between 1/1/2006 and 12/31/2006?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Daniel,

This widget is not designed to handle complex multi variable queries like you are requesting. It can be done but not in a "canned" query expression. The GUI is not setup for the 3 entries that your requested query would require.
0 Kudos
DanielCherry
Emerging Contributor
So, then I need to learn more about changing the widget itself. 😉

Do you have any recommendations on where to start, and anything to pay close attention to, help/reference documentation?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Daniel,

There are tons of potential pitfalls to manipulating the code and the GUI... I would begin by really considering if your users need that much flexibility in the query or can you eliminate 1 or more of the variables by predefining certain values.
0 Kudos
DanielCherry
Emerging Contributor
I understand, but the desire is that the end user can quickly receive records/points in a given date range (flexible range) for a given zone (over 250 fixed zones). Recommendations on date range?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Daniel,

You can look at this thread and see how others have added 2 search variables to the widget:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/28007-eSearch-Search-By-2-Variables

And as far as searching a date range that is underlying database specific. Open your desktop help and search the help for querying dates to find examples of the proper SQL syntax.
0 Kudos
DanielCherry
Emerging Contributor
Thanks for the direction!

I have definitely leaned a great deal reading through your comments on the forums.

Have fun!
Daniel
0 Kudos