Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Draw Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-05-2010 02:27 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

As promised I will continue to convert (most of) my old 1.x widgets to Flex Viewer 2.1.

Here is the next one my enhanced draw widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=91a0014160fc4a9caadc2c7fd7089c1b
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
53 Replies
MattiasEkström
Frequent Contributor
Robert,
I just download tested the 2.3.2 version. I like the text rotation ability. Even though interactive rotation would be even better, but I understand there's limits in the API.
However I don't know if it's only for me but the context menu item for removing objects is missing in this version, it was there in 2.3.1. I haven't done any customization to the widget yet, only localization in the ViewerStrings.properties...
Speaking of localization, your drawwidget generally takes advantage of this just as the standard one which is great, but I noticed that in your widget the styles in the dropdown lists don't, but they do in the standard drawwidget. Is there a reason for this? or just something you've missed? It's easy for me to fix, just wanted to tell you.

Edit: My mistake, now the context menu item for removing objects is back again, don't know why it wasn't there... however the localization thing is something you could inlcude in the next version I just copied the code from the style dropdown lists from the standard drawWidget and that works good.

/Mattias
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mattias,

Thanks for the info. The next version will have the localization back in the code. I remember that I removed it so that people could use the widget with older versions of the viewer, but now it is time for everyone to move ahead as Flex Viewer 2.4 is coming this month. Like I said I will put in an enhancement request for the edit tool to support point rotation and hopefully the API will include that soon.
0 Kudos
haThach
Regular Contributor
Hi Everyone,

Do you know if the TextSymbol properties suggested by Erwan got added in version 2.3.1? Basically, I would like to change the measurements label property, mainly backgroundcolor to white.

Ha T.

Thanks Robert !

A suggestion : Mesurements labels are not always very legible, i think it would be useful if you could add controls for the TextSymbol properties : border, borderColor, background and backgoundColor.

Erwan
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ha T,

No, that was never added. As it stands right now I don't have time to do enhancements on this widget either.
0 Kudos