Enhanced Draw Widget 3.7 Robert Scheitlin Please Help

Jump to solution
07-01-2015 08:23 AM
KenCarrier
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

Long time no talk to. I am trying to use the 3.7 version of the enhanced draw widget inside Application Builder. When opening the widget I am unable to draw anything as the cursor never changes from the hand/pan tool. Do you have any suggestions? I am also seeing this same behavior with your route widget. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ken,

Maybe you are just not aware that when you have any widget open in the viewer that has a draw toolbar and you have one of the draw tools selected like the polygon tool you can click to start a polygon and if you click and hold while moving your mouse you can still pan the map. Is this whats happening?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ken,

I just tested in App Builder 3.7 using the 3.7 version of my eDraw and did not have any issue...?

What does your eDrawWidget_1.xml look like for that app?

0 Kudos
KenCarrier

<configuration label="Draw and measure (default)">

<layername>Draw Features</layername>

<spatialref>3857</spatialref>

<addhalototext>true</addhalototext>

<distanceunits>

<distanceunit id="km"/>

<distanceunit id="mi"/>

<distanceunit id="m"/>

<distanceunit id="ft"/>

<distanceunit id="yd"/>

</distanceunits>

<areaunits>

<areaunit id="sq km"/>

<areaunit id="sq mi"/>

<areaunit id="ac"/>

<areaunit id="ha"/>

<areaunit id="sq m"/>

<areaunit id="sq ft"/>

<areaunit id="sq yd"/>

</areaunits>

<pointunits>

<pointunit abbr="spal" wkid="3735">NAD83 OH South(SP Feet)</pointunit>

<pointunit abbr="wgs84dd" wkid="4326">Decimal Degrees (WGS84)</pointunit>

<pointunit abbr="wgs84dms" wkid="4326">DMS (WGS84)</pointunit>

<pointunit abbr="utm 17n" wkid="3724">NAD 1983 UTM 17N</pointunit>

</pointunits>

<geonumericlabelprecision>0</geonumericlabelprecision>

<dddnumericlabelprecision>9</dddnumericlabelprecision>

<dmsnumericlabelprecision>2</dmsnumericlabelprecision>

<defaulttool>polygon</defaulttool>

<labels>

<textrotationlabel>Rotation</textrotationlabel>

<markerrotationlabel>Angle</markerrotationlabel>

<pointunitslabel>Point Units</pointunitslabel>

<savelabel>Save Graphics Layer</savelabel>

<openlabel>Open Saved Graphics Layer</openlabel>

<addhalolabel>Add Halo</addhalolabel>

<fontwarningmsg>If you are using a non standard font and sharing this saved graphics layer with another computer there is a possibility that that machine could not have the font installed and would cause and error when loaded. Do you want to switch the font to Arial?</fontwarningmsg>

<fontwarningtitle>Warning</fontwarningtitle>

<textboldlabel>B</textboldlabel>

<textunderlinelabel>U</textunderlinelabel>

<segmentlabel>Segment</segmentlabel>

<directionlabel>Direction</directionlabel>

</labels>

<disablelivemeasure>false</disablelivemeasure>

<clearcurrentgraphics>true</clearcurrentgraphics>

<symbols>

<simplefillsymbol color="0x00ffff" alpha="0.5" style="solid">

<outline color="0xff0000" alpha="0.8" width="2" style="solid"/>

</simplefillsymbol>

<simplemarkersymbol style="circle" size="15" color="0xff0000" alpha="0.5" angle="0">

<outline style="solid" color="0x000000" alpha="1" width="1"/>

</simplemarkersymbol>

<simplelinesymbol style="solid" color="0xff0000" alpha="0.8" width="2"/>

<textsymbol color="0x000000" bold="false" italics="false" underline="false" size="12" font="Arial" rotation="0" addhalo="true"/>

</symbols>

<measure>true</measure>

</configuration>

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ken,

Maybe you are just not aware that when you have any widget open in the viewer that has a draw toolbar and you have one of the draw tools selected like the polygon tool you can click to start a polygon and if you click and hold while moving your mouse you can still pan the map. Is this whats happening?

0 Kudos
KenCarrier

Not really Robert, what is happening is when I click a draw tool (point, polygon, or polyline), the cursor never changes and even if I click on the map while the cursor is still set to the pan tool nothing happens. It is like the widget is not recognizing my clicks anywhere in the map and the cursor does not change when I click a draw tool.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ken,

OK, Viewer 3.7 and my eDraw 3.7 do not cause a cursor change per say. If you are using the zoomin or zoomout tool from the navigation widget then your cursor is a crosshair and when you select a tool the crosshair should change to a standard mouse pointer. Are you saying that even when you select one of the drawing tools the widget will NOT draw on the map?

Edit:

Ken, OK I see your post you made right before I complete my post. Glad you got it worked out.

0 Kudos
KenCarrier

Ok something must have gone wrong during the upgrade process. I created a new app inside the builder added your widget and all is working as expected. Should not be too hard to recreate the app, sorry for the trouble. Thanks for the help!

BretBeede
New Contributor

Ken,

I have the same issue, and I have been racking my brain trying to figure it out.  It was working, then it wasn't.  Your last post nailed it.  There must be a problem in the upgrade process from 3.6 to 3.7.  All of my maps that were converted will not allow the Enhanced Draw tool to work as you described.  The only way is to rebuild the maps from scratch and then it works flawlessly.  Thanks for the heads up!

~Bret

0 Kudos