Coordinate Menu Widget - New !

02-17-2011 07:51 PM
Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III
Hello Everyone,
I created a new widget that you might find useful.
Tucked away in the map context menu are three XY operations

1.     Copy XY
   2.     Project XY (configurable)
   3.     Go To XY

ReadMe.txt included

Hope you find it useful!

Click Here to demo and download the Coordinate Menu Widget

Drew
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
95 Replies
PedroGarcia
New Contributor III
Hi Drew,

I've found out what it's happening. The data frame is ED50, but my service is ETRS89, and when you load my service in Arcmap, it doesn't apply any transformation by default (see attached screenshot1). However if I select the correct transformation method the location is fine (see attached screenshot2, we have a customized transformation that is more accurate, but you can test with ED_1950_To_ETRS_1989_7). I don't know how difficult is you include that in your widget, but I think it should be able to specify a coordinate system transformation method. What do you think of about?

Thanks very much,
   Pedro.
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Hi Drew,

I've found out what it's happening. The data frame is ED50, but my service is ETRS89, and when you load my service in Arcmap, it doesn't apply any transformation by default (see attached screenshot1). However if I select the correct transformation method the location is fine (see attached screenshot2, we have a customized transformation that is more accurate, but you can test with ED_1950_To_ETRS_1989_7). I don't know how difficult is you include that in your widget, but I think it should be able to specify a coordinate system transformation method. What do you think of about?

Thanks very much,
   Pedro.

Pedro ,
Unfortunately the ESRI Flex API does not allow me to define a transformation method. So I don't know if its possible to fix this using the Flex API. I will dig around a little more to see whats possible, but I am doubtful right now.

Drew
0 Kudos
PedroGarcia
New Contributor III
Drew,

Ok. Thanks anyway. I'll pay attention to the thread.

Pedro.
0 Kudos
DanielOchoa
Occasional Contributor
Drew,

Any way to work with degrees minutes seconds in your widget?

Thanks,

~ Dan
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Drew,

Any way to work with degrees minutes seconds in your widget?

Thanks,

~ Dan

Daniel,
That might be possible. I will look into it if I do another release.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Drew
0 Kudos
Drew
by
WIDGET UPDATE

Compatible with Viewer 2.4 !

URL:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=edd4a2b7c722493a8b08f53eaa131e1e

Source Code and Compiled Code included in download.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Great little widget, works like a charm.

I can get the displayed coordinates to show only 2 decimal points, but can't figure out how to make the X,Y copied to the clipboard be only 2 decimal points.

Especially would like to be able to set this for the copy Map coord to clipboard.  Would be nice for the projected coordinates also, but mainly would like to get the map coords truncated.

Am I missing something easy?  If not, any suggestions?

Thanks,

R_

Career ESRI beta tester
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Great little widget, works like a charm.

I can get the displayed coordinates to show only 2 decimal points, but can't figure out how to make the X,Y copied to the clipboard be only 2 decimal points.

Especially would like to be able to set this for the copy Map coord to clipboard.  Would be nice for the projected coordinates also, but mainly would like to get the map coords truncated.

Am I missing something easy?  If not, any suggestions?

Thanks,

R_

Career ESRI beta tester

rzufelt,

That functionality is not configurable yet
If you want, you can modify the source code and recompile to get your desired functionality now.

EDIT line 197, 198 in CoordinateMenuWidget.mxml to be the following...

copyString = copyString.replace(/{X}/g, mPoint.x.toFixed(2)); //replace X
copyString = copyString.replace(/{Y}/g, mPoint.y.toFixed(2)); // replace y

I will try and add that functionality into the config next release..

Thanks for the info

Drew
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
rzufelt,

That functionality is not configurable yet
If you want, you can modify the source code and recompile to get your desired functionality now.

EDIT line 197, 198 in CoordinateMenuWidget.mxml to be the following...

copyString = copyString.replace(/{X}/g, mPoint.x.toFixed(2)); //replace X
copyString = copyString.replace(/{Y}/g, mPoint.y.toFixed(2)); // replace y

I will try and add that functionality into the config next release..

Thanks for the info

Drew

Thanks Drew,

Worked like a charm.  I have no problem modifying the source code, however, I'm pretty new at this, and could not figure out how/where to make the change.

Thanks again for the help and the widget,

R_
0 Kudos
philippschnetzer
An invaluable tool!!  I would like to tweak this to be able to launch it from the header bar like all other widgets - would this require more work than it's worth or is this an easy task?  Thanks!
0 Kudos