Build in FlashDevelop

04-12-2013 07:02 AM
AaronPerry
New Contributor III
I want to create a custom widget for the flex viewer. I have installed FlashDevelop 4.3.0, imported the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex source, and the API swc. I'm having the same problem as described in this post, but I still don't understand how to resolve the config file issue.  When I build the project, FlashDevelop kicks off the debug player, and I get the following message.  Nothing else happens.  Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this config.xml problem? The error message follows, and I've attached a screenshot.

Could not find config.xml

Fault code: Server.Error.Request

Fault info: HTTP request error

Fault details: Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: file:///C|/source/FlexViewer/Viewer/bin%2Ddebug/widgets/WidgetContainer/config.xml"]. URL: config.xml

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23444[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertJones2
Occasional Contributor
I haven't heard of anyone building widgets successfully without using Adobe Flash Builder, unfortunately. I'd love to be proven wrong!
0 Kudos
GarySumners
New Contributor
In the case of widgets provided as source, the config.xml file should be provided in the same folder as the <widget>.mxml file - you'll want to make whatever necessary edits to the config.xml file, then copy it to the same destination folder as your widget's .swf file.  That /should/ solve the specific problem of the config.xml file not being found.

Good luck with your coding!
0 Kudos