Select to view content in your preferred language

Batch Geocoder Widget for Flexviewer 2.x

01-07-2011 11:10 AM
ReneRubalcava
Honored Contributor
We recently had a need to build a Batch Geocoder tool that we could use to verify some addresses against our internal GeocodeServer service. This started as an AIR application I built in my spare time, but decided to modify it to work with Flexviewer. It's a tool we might use in our internal Flexviewer app, and I thought others might find a use for it.

It will let you upload a dbf file of addresses, geocode them, give you the closest address found and the score, then export those results to an Excel file.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c663df2846d04a6b9add92b66c637728
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
LukeBehling
Frequent Contributor
Hello Renee,
I can add the widget to a flex site, compile it and do not get any errors. However, when I select a .dbf file and click "Open" nothing happens. I've got all the libraries added according to the README file. I am using Flex Viewer 2.5 and Flex 4.5.0.
Thank you,
0 Kudos
AdamCottrell
Frequent Contributor
Is there an update of this widget for the latest release?  v3.6?
0 Kudos
DanielOchoa
Regular Contributor
I'd also love to see an update for this widget.  I got it to work perfectly in 3.5, but the input still requires a *.dbf file, and as many of you already know, MS Office no longer supports dbf files in excel. So, the input file selection process would have to have the option to accept xls, xlsx, csv or txt. Someone want to get paid to do it? 😉
0 Kudos