Banner width

03-21-2011 10:44 AM
CindyKamigaki
New Contributor
I'd like to widen the banner in Flex Viewer and cannot find reference to banners in the codes provided in the flexviewer folder. I've found reference to banner.mxml within the ArcGIS forums, but that seems to apply to API for Flex.  Any clarity would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Charles,

That is correct if you are using the Flex Viewer source code than you can not adjust the header height.
0 Kudos
charlessaenz
New Contributor
If I move to the API would it still be restricted or am I able to have more free reign on customization?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Charles,

If you want to start from scratch and are a semi experienced developer than yes use the API. The Flex Viewer is a great tool for the non-developer as it gives them a great point to begin with. If you are considering using the API than you you would need to use some compiler like Flash Builder 4 or Flash Develop, etc. If you are going to do that then why not use the Flex Viewer source code?
0 Kudos
charlessaenz
New Contributor
Hmmm...I think I'm comfortable with just Viewer hahaha, not really ready to move onto the API yet. Thank You though with all of your help.
0 Kudos
SamuelLingeman
New Contributor II
You'll want to take a look at the HeaderControllerWidget.mxml file in the /src/widgets/HeaderController/ directory. Specifically, the contents of "headerGroup"

<s:Group id="headerGroup"
        width="100%" height="85">
   <!-- basic structure is an hbox with
        logoIcon: a logo (if specified)
        titleGroup: the title on top of the subtitle
        widgetBox: icons for all widgets specified in main configuration file
        linkBox: "link buttons" for all links specified in main configuration file
    -->
<mx:HBox id="headerContent"

That should get you started.

Cheers,
K

Hi Robert, I implemented this and my header it now taller (height increased), but predicatably, the map is now slightly under the header, any ideas on how to fix this?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Samuel,

Whatever height you ended up changing you banner to is the number you need to set the top attribute of your map to in the main config.xml.

<map wraparound180="true" initialextent="-9598200 3968200 -9500400 4026200"  top="40" >
0 Kudos
SamuelLingeman
New Contributor II
Samuel,

Whatever height you ended up changing you banner to is the number you need to set the top attribute of your map to in the main config.xml.

<map wraparound180="true" initialextent="-9598200 3968200 -9500400 4026200"  top="40" >

I'm sure you get told this all the time, but I'm not sure what most of us inexperienced people would do without your help and patience.  Any ideas on moving the navigation widget down a bit, it now spills over into the header.  Perhaps I should stick with a stock header.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Samuel,

The navigation widget has a top property as well:

<widget left="10" top="50" config="widgets/Navigation/NavigationWidget.xml" url="widgets/Navigation/NavigationWidget.swf"/>
0 Kudos