An error when trying to create a widget

06-06-2012 09:09 AM
AlaeddineSaadaoui
Occasional Contributor
Hi all,
I am trying to create a simple widget without using FlexViewer and I copied this example http://api.arcwebservices.com/devguide/samples/awx/v4/flex/index.html?sample=WidgetCreateSample to test it but I got this error:

VerifyError: Error #1107: The ABC data is corrupt, attempt to read out of bounds.
at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()
at mx.managers::SystemManager/deferredNextFrame()
at mx.managers::SystemManager/preloader_preloaderDocFrameReadyHandler()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()
at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

I am using these libraries: agslib-3.0pre-2012-03-15.swc, awx_widget-4.0.1.swc and awx-4.0.1.swc and I have attached my source code to this post.

Could you please help me with this issue?
Any help would be appreciated and a sample code to create a widget would be of great help.
Thank you in advance,
Alaeddine Saadaoui.
Rahall Transportation Institute
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MehulChoksey
Esri Contributor
This refers to ArcWebServices flex api which has been retired sometime in2007/2008.

Is there any specific use case that you are looking for?
ArcGIS Viewer for flex and ArcGIS api for flex will be the way to go...

Mehul
0 Kudos
AlaeddineSaadaoui
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mehul,
I have a map with two feature layers and I want to show a widget when the user clicks on a feature. The problem is that I added event listeners to my feature layers so I cannot use ArcGis viewer for flex in this case. For these reasons, I wanted to use  ArcWebServices because they don't need ArcGis viewer for flex.
Thank you.
Alaeddine Saadaoui.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alaeddine,

As I mentioned in your other post you CAN add event listeners to layers in the Flex Viewer. You do this in the MapManager.mxml and dispatch an AppEvent to run your widget. As Mehul mention the ArcWebServices API has retired. If for some reason you still don not want to use the Viewer that you need to use the FLEX API directly (Which is what the Viewer is built on) and not the retired ArcWebServices API.
0 Kudos