Select to view content in your preferred language

Add eSearch Widget to Flash Builder

Jump to solution
09-01-2014 11:40 PM
LiYao
by
Deactivated User

Hi Robert,

Your eSearch is very powerful and useful, I want to migrate it into my project, But when I tried to "Import Flash Builder Project", I always got "The folder does not contain a valid Flash Builder Project".

I want to check with you whether you develop it in Adobe Flash Builder? If yes, can kindly advise why I cannot import it use project folder.

Thanks a lot!

Yao Li

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Li Yao,

First off I have branched off your question to a new question because you should not add a new question to someones question unless it is directly related to the original posters question (this would be considered thread hijacking).

The eSearch widget source code that you can find in the downloaded zip file is a individual module that can be added to a ArcGIS Viewer for Flex project. The source code is not a standalone Flash builder project it is just a Widget (module) of the bigger project called the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex. You can get the Viewer source code from here: Esri/arcgis-viewer-flex · GitHub then follow the direction in ArcGIS Viewer for Flex - Getting started for developers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Li Yao,

First off I have branched off your question to a new question because you should not add a new question to someones question unless it is directly related to the original posters question (this would be considered thread hijacking).

The eSearch widget source code that you can find in the downloaded zip file is a individual module that can be added to a ArcGIS Viewer for Flex project. The source code is not a standalone Flash builder project it is just a Widget (module) of the bigger project called the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex. You can get the Viewer source code from here: Esri/arcgis-viewer-flex · GitHub then follow the direction in ArcGIS Viewer for Flex - Getting started for developers

0 Kudos
LiYao
by
Deactivated User

Thanks Robert, thanks for the clarification. I have already downloaded the source from GitHub and imported into my flash builder.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Li Yao,

OK, then all you need to do is add the widget to the Viewer project and then add the eSearchWidget.mxml and SearchWidgetFixedDG.mxml to the projects modules list.

0 Kudos