Select to view content in your preferred language

Replicate geoEvent Idle Detection Functionality in Velocity.

07-31-2024 10:54 AM
JeffSilberberg
Frequent Contributor

After many many attempts, I am unable to replicate the functionality of idle Detection in geoEvent within Velocity.  We have tried any number of  nodes and combination of nodes with no luck.   CalaculateMotionStatics comes the closest but does not really provide the same functionality and the documentation for this node is ambiguous at best. 

Has anyone else found any good solutions?

https://hub.arcgis.com/documents/5d8e3446736d4df299c7c96bc275d561/explore

The Track Idle Detector Processor is a supported add-on processor that can be added to a GeoEvent Service that detects if a unique TRACK_ID has moved more than a specified amount within a given time. For example, if a delivery van is expected to make delivery stops that will not exceed 120 seconds, a Track Idle Detector could be used to alert dispatch personnel if a van is stuck in a single location for more than two minutes (e.g. if they are stuck in traffic or the vehicle has mechanical problems).

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MuneerMajid
Emerging Contributor

Thanks Peter, I have logged the below ticket via the support site -
https://my.esri.com/#/support/cases/tech-cases?caseNumber=03707071

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg
Frequent Contributor

@MuneerMajid 

Sorry, I am still struggling with this as well.   If there is a magic trick, I have not found it either. 

0 Kudos
MuneerMajid
Emerging Contributor

I have had a ticket open with ESRI support since 8/20. There has been no movement on it all this while and the designated analyst has only told me that the product team has been reviewing this internally. Pretty disappointed at this point at the inability of the Motion Statistics to deliver what's expected. 

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg
Frequent Contributor

@MuneerMajid  @PeterNasuti 

Sorry, I do not have an update from them either at this time -- 

0 Kudos
Joanna_Nishimura
Esri Contributor

I wanted to provide an update on this issue.  I worked with MuneerMajid to further investigate this issue with the Calculate Motion Statistics tool.  The original question was around getting the Calculate Motion Statistics tool to output Idling values that were True.  We took a closer look at the workflow and clarified some of the tool parameters.  For Calculate Motion Statistics to output Idling status of TRUE, the following 2 statements must both be true:

1. TimeSpan  > TimespanTolerance
  2. Distance < DistanceTolerance

Where TimeSpan is the time elapsed between the previous and current observation and TimespanTolerance is the Timespan Tolerance value entered in the tool.  Distance is the distance travelled between the previous and current observation and DistanceTolerance is the Distance Tolerance value entered in the tool.  If either of the above statements is false, then the tool will output an Idling status of FALSE for that point. 

We talked through the end goal of the workflow and decided that with some fine-tuning of the parameters, it may be possible to get the Calculate Motion Statistics tool to output the desired results or there could be an alternative workflow using Calculate Fields tool with TrackFunctions and the Detect Incidents tool.

0 Kudos